Lowland Trailrunner 2

A well designed tent for camping, but definitly not…

Design: tunnel
Ease of Setup: ok
Weight: 2.5

A well designed tent for camping, but definitly not for strong wind or mountain, unless you want to sleep under a collapsed tent. The quality is so-so, Lowland has recalled the 2003 product because the quality problem, I'll give back my tent to them, and bought a HIlleberg. I don't want to mention the difference.

Lowland is actually Birdland, as mentioned here trailspace.com/gear/lowland/

I just want to mention that Lowland is not called…

Design: threeseason thunnel with 3 differentsize arces
Ease of Setup: slip in 3 poles, use 4 pins, ready
Weight: 2,4 kg's

I just want to mention that Lowland is not called Birdland, they are separate companies. maybe that they work together.

About the tent, I'm about to sell it, but with pain in my heart. It's a very nice tent, easy to put up, very low profile design. I used it as a one-person tent, used the excess room in the inner tent for storage, and with the low weight, you can. Also tried it with two persons, then your feet will be close together, but still room enough for two.

I really like the bikini-top. When it's very hot during the day, your tent won't be too hot all night, and what could be greater than looking up en seeing the stars without the mosquitos able to reach you?

Overall a great tent, I just have to sell it because it offers no room for the dog, and I won't let the little guy sleep outside.

The description of the several lowland tents seems…

Design: the outdoor attitude

The description of the several lowland tents seems good on internet, so I want to try a lowland tent from a friend, but his Trailrunner 2 is broken during a summer night.

As we really want to try their tent, I phone the Lowland (which is called actually Bird land), Mr Marcel Besamer told me that he can manage to send a tent to us, as we are a student climbing association. And I just to have to send him our address.

After received our address and my name, Mr Besamer changed idea, no more tent. I asked the reason, and say we are really to pay for it. But Mr Besamer didn’t even think is worth to write a second email.

Maybe some of the their tent are good, but we consider the outdoor exploration is to find ourselves, to be integrated with our deep faith. To have some openness of the world, of the human diversity.

We don’t think the attitude from Mr Besamer can reflected an outdoor company devoted to this esprit, and to his customer. And maybe it’s time to think under which tent you want to sleep no matter the technical characteristic.

We are not the sole case, you can fin a similarly review http://www.trailspace.com/gear/review/00004403

Is it the customer service important for you? Do you need to know that some will back your tent in the future?

Lowland Trailrunner 2

The Lowland Trailrunner 2 is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new 3-4 season convertible tent, check out the best reviewed current models.