Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce Pro-Pak

Weight 0.44 lb
Servings 2
Serving Size 1 cup

My favorite MH entree. I prefer Pro-Pak versions of…

Price Paid: about $6

Summary

My favorite MH entree.

Pros

• Taste
  • Ease of preparation

Cons

• None

I prefer Pro-Pak versions of Mtn House entrees. The portions are just right, and the vacuum packed approach takes up less space in the pack when up high.

Otherwise, the content and taste is the same as the regular, 2-person, non-vacuum packed sizes. Boil the water, add and let sit a bit, then eat right out of the pouch, means high efficiency and zero cleanup. After use, pouches form nice closable small garbage bags for packing out.

Lasagne has a nice tomato spiciness with chunks of meat, and a cheesiness that sticks to the eating utensil.

All-in-all, it has a nice taste, is the right portion for one, and is easy to prepare and clean up after.

Thanks for the review, Alpine!

1 year ago

The perfect meal to store for an unforeseen extra…

Summary

The perfect meal to store for an unforeseen extra day on the trail.

Pros

• Vacuumed packed
  • Small size

I always carry one breakfast and one entree for each day on the trail. The breakfast is usually a Granola and Milk. The entree always a pouch (Chili Mac, Beef Stroganoff, etc). If I have a long day of hiking  I might have a vegetable pasta entree for breakfast. Lunch is usually snacks on the move (jerky, candy, cereal bars, Clif bars, etc).

I like to carry a Pro-Pak as insurance in case I have to spend an extra night on the trail. This meal is perfect; at a little more than 4 ounces it is very light, and since it is vacuum packed, it packs very small. It folds in half to store at about the size of a large apple.