Sierra Designs Summer Moon II

This is a solid little tent. It has two equal length…

Design: 3-season Free-standing
Ease of Setup: Easy--less than 5 minutes
Weight: 5 lbs, 8 oz

This is a solid little tent. It has two equal length poles plus a 2-footer for making the roofline taut. It has 32sq ft of space with steep sidewalls. I chose this tent over the Clip Flashlight due to a more voluminous interior and freestanding nature. There is just as much situp room as the Meteor Light. I'm 6ft tall and I almost touch the tent walls when I'm in my sleeping bag (length is 89 inches).

The all-mesh door is offset on the side and the stake-out vestibule can handle boots, stove and backpack easily. There is a mesh window on the opposite side wall running the length of the tent. I can't speak for stormworthiness, but I'm certain, due to its design, it can handle some rough weather and, more than likely, early/late season snow loads as well. This tent is not available via retail. I purchased mine from Northern Mountain Supply, which is running a special on this tent.

If you've owned or used a Sierra Designs Summer Moon II, please share your experience.

Sierra Designs Summer Moon II

The Summer Moon II has been discontinued.

The Sierra Designs Summer Moon II is not available from the stores we monitor.