LightHeart Gear SoLong 6

Awesome tent!! So far I have used the SoLong 6 twice…

Awesome tent!!

So far I have used the SoLong 6 twice by myself and once with my 11-yr-old son. I am 6'1" 295# and I have plenty of room to stretch out. Even with my son inside we had plenty of room to sleep through a night of strong NC rainstorms. My Exped 9Dlx 78 x 25 Downmat and my Big Agnes 72 x 20 Mummy Air-Pad both fit in the tent together!

The bathtub sides seem to be higher than other ultralight tents which seems to greatly reduce the water that can splash under a tent in poor weather. When staked out, the sides of the SoLong 6 stayed well separated from the inner no-see-um mesh. Unlike single wall ultralights or other ultralight tents with little or no separation between layers, if you brush against the sides, you won't get soaked.

The ridge pole and its connection to my hiking poles is solid and easy to use after practicing a few times. I changed the velcro slightly and now leave the ridgepole attached to the tent even when putting away to save time.

I used dyneema line with micro line locks on the 4 corners and the main fly tie outs, and dyneema line alone on the additional tie outs. This tent was very solid just using 6 stakes. It would be even better in an exposed location with the additional guy outs used.

BTW even after the seams were sealed it is still showing under 27 oz on my scale!

Update: February 5, 2012

I ended up using the tent about 5-6 times before selling it to purchase the same tent in an even lighter material (cuben fiber), and with the addition of an awning.

This tent is great! Great tent to wait out a storm in. It is bright (in the lighter colors) and the huge amount of mesh on the inner tent walls means that the ventilation and the lack of condensation has been outstanding.

If I was ordering another I would add the zipper on the fly and inner wall opposite from the main entrance. That way you can exit from either side, use both vestibules easily, and roll the fly up completely on both sides.

This tent is available from www.lightheartgear.com

If you've owned or used a LightHeart Gear SoLong 6, please share your experience.

LightHeart Gear SoLong 6

The LightHeart Gear SoLong 6 is not available from the stores we monitor.