Snow Peak Titanium Cookset, 3 Piece

Weight 7.1 oz
Dimensions 5.5 in x 2.25 in (Pot 1), 5 in x 2.2 in (Pot 2), 5.75 in (Frying Pan)
Size Stowed 5.5 in x 3 in
Capacity 26 oz (Lg Pot), 18 oz (Sm Pot), 14 oz (Lid)
Material Titanium
Includes 2 Titanium Pots And Frying Pan

Excellent solo kit for ultralite simple cooking. I…

Summary

Excellent solo kit for ultralite simple cooking.

Pros

• Tough
  • Compact
  • Can nest a small fuel canister or micro stove inside
  • Excellent heat transfer

Cons

• Small for the gourmet
  • Expensive

I have used my set for many miles of hiking and many nights of camping and preparing meals. Overall this set is perfect for the overnight solo or the extended trip.  =I have used this set exclusively for years and it shows absolutely no wear, and continues to provide excellent performance in all conditions.

• The large pot is 26 oz capacity
  • The small pot is 18 oz capacity
  • and the pan/lid is 14 oz capacity

I do not use the "pan" for anything other than a lid, for which it performs admirably.  I suppose one could use the lid for a plate, but I use an Orikaso folding bowl for that.

The two pots are handy for me when preparing tea in in the small one and boiling water in the large one for noodles, dehydrated meals, etc.,

If you are a trailside gourmet, you may want to eschew this kit for something larger.

At 7.1 ounces, I can carry it along with my 1 ounce alcohol stove, my .5 ounce windscreen, my .5 ounce spoon and my 8 ounces of fuel and come quite close to just one pound, while still maintaining a complete cook set.  I sometimes elected to carry just the large pot and lid making my kit even lighter.

When paired up with my Soto OD1R Micro Regulator stove, I get a similar weight result with perhaps 2 oz. more for the fuel container.

These pots are sturdy.  I would take some extraordinary pressure to force them out of shape or dent them.

When comparing this with my aluminum set, the heat transfer is very similar.  The titanium seems to heat up quickly and efficiently.

Summary:

A super tough, lightweight choice for the solo hiker.  I think the solo hiker will appreciate the pure function, simplicity and reliability this kit provides.

image.jpg

Great little set — use all pieces or just two to…

Summary

Great little set — use all pieces or just two to save weight.

Pros

• Multiple function
  • Small and packable
  • Nice nesting system

Cons

• Lid too small for fry pan
  • Material: Titanium
  • Weight: 7.1 oz.
  • Contents: 0.75 L pot w/ handle; 0.5 liter pot w/handle; frypan lid w/ handle
  • Dimensions packed: 5.75" x 2.75"
  • Mesh carry bag.

This is a terrific little set of cookware. I bought it to go with my Snow Peak LiteMax stove and it is a perfect compliment. The small size and light weight make it a perfect choice of both day hikes and longer trips.

Most often I use it on day hikes if I want something with a wider opening than the Snow Peak 700 mug/pot, plus it has the added benefit of the little fry pan. That said, the caveat is that the lid/fry pan is pitifully small for serious frying (don't expect to fry a 12" trout in it!)--but it is a nice option to have should you want to make a small bannock or pancakes. It's made of titanium, so it is not non-stick, so use oil if need be.

I haven't done any serious cooking with this set; mostly to boil water and make oatmeal. The three pieces essentially make a mug, cook pot, and lid (for the large pot) or the lid can be used for a fry pan.

It's well-made and for what it is, seems pretty sturdy with reasonable and not abusive use. I've had it for about a year now and I expect to be enjoying it for years to come.

Visit Snow Peak's Titanium Cookset, 3 Piece page.

Perfect for the minimalist gourmet, this compact cook kit weighs just 7.

- GearX.com

The SnowPeak Titanium 3 piece Cookset is perfect for the minimalist gourmet backpacker. With two bowls and a frying pan this set still only weighs in at 7.10 oz. Rounded bottom edges are easy to clean and improve heating efficiency while the lid doubles as a small fry pan. Each pan has a handle that folds flat for packing and can store a 110g fuel canister and the kit includes a lightweight nylon mesh storage bag with draw string.

- Mountain Gear

Snowpeak 3 Piece Titanium Cookset with Case - This three pieces set is perfect for the small backpacking group. With folding handles and perfect stack ability this titanium cookware set is ideal for any backpacking trip. Cook up noodles, meats, or warm drinks in the deep pots while the shallow lid speeds up cooking and makes for easy packing. Comes with a mesh stuff sack. Material Titanium Dimensions Pot 1: D 5.5" H 2.25" Pot 2: D 5", H 2.2" Frying Pan: D 5.75" Includes 2 Titanium Pots And Frying Pan Capacity large pot holds 26oz small pot holds 18oz lid will hold 14oz Size Stowed D 5.5" H 3" M aterial Titanium Usage Backpacking Made In JAPAN Weight 7.1 oz Additional Info This 3pcs set can store one 110G fuel canister or our GigaPower stove

- Massey's Outfitters

Snow Peak Titanium Cookset, 3 Piece

The Snow Peak Titanium Cookset, 3 Piece is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 27, 2014 at Mountain Gear.

If you're looking for a new cookware, check out the best reviewed current models.