Snow Peak Titanium Trek 900

Weight 6.2 oz
Dimensions 4.75 in x 4.25 in (Pot), 5 in x 1.5 in (Frying Pan)
Size Stowed 5 in x 5.5 in
Capacity 30 fl oz
Material Titanium
Includes Titanium Pot w/ Lid

The carrying case does not fit the cookware snugly,…

The carrying case does not fit the cookware snugly, allowing the lid and my contents of stove and fuel to jostle about. Quite annoying.

The cookware itself is was completely free of defects out of the box. To hold a 110g fuel and the Giga Power stove snugly, you'll need the Trek 700. If you buy a larger fuel canister, however, it will fill up most of the empty room in the Trek 900 (with the Giga Power in there, too).

The frying pan lid was my main attraction to this line of products and anything smaller than the 900 would be tricky to cook, stir, etc in. It's neat that the 700 fits in the 900 and the 900 in the 1400 but that's way more gear than I need so personally I don't use anything but my 900.

Update: December 15, 2010

I am a solo packer, but often go out with my buddy as well. We share this one pot and pan and that's ALL for cooking gear on the trail. It really does every meal we need and has enough room to cook a pasta dinner with sausage and cheese for two people.

When I first got the 900, I melted snow in it and, like an idiot, didn't put water in first. The heat warped the bottom of the pot and now it makes a noise like the top of a saftey far lid popping back and forth. It didn't render this pot useless though, as I have used it in conjunction with the Giga Power stove for a couple of years even with a warped bottom.

It fits a fuel can, my stove, first aid kit, toothbrush, lighter and several other small items inside and another fuel canister can be put on to of the pot/pan and sinched up in the carry sack to make a nice little package.

It's not my favorite cookset, it's small for a meal…

Price Paid: more than enough

It's not my favorite cookset, it's small for a meal and too big for a cup of coffee, but it sure fits the Bushbuddy perfect.

I first heard of this product through my brother,…

I first heard of this product through my brother, and I watched him use it in Glacier Nat'l Park. So I bought it and used it only 2 days ago in a Nat'l Forest.

This cookset is the perfect, ideal cookset for a solo backpacker or for 1-2 people. The handle on the pot can get hot but after you turn off the stove, the titanium cools down incredibly fast. The measuring marks on the inside of the pot were very convenient.

The pan looks rather useless but when put to use is actually very handy for eating out of. I can't testify to its usefulness as a pot. Only 8 oz but seems to be exactly what is needed for small servings. If you boil some extra water, you can use that for hot chocolate and drink straight out of the pot.

I LOVE this cookset! My friend was using the Snow Peak Mini Solo Cookset. Don't waste your time. Stick with the Trek 900. It won't let you down.

Visit Snow Peak's Titanium Trek 900 page.

Snow Peak Trek 900 Titanium CookerThe Snow Peak Trek 900 Titanium Cooker should be on your check list as you prepare to set off on a camping trip. The grade A titanium makes the cooker lightweight and durable, and far more efficient than steel. You will hardly feel the weight of the cooker in your backpack as it weighs just 6.2 oz. The lid is very handy, as it also doubles as a frying pan. Even after repeated use, you will not find any metallic taste or smell in the cooker, or the food that has been cooked in it. You can also store small items in the cooker, when it's not being used. This product has adjustable handles that can be wrapped around the cooker making it easier for you to store it in your backpack. The Snow Peak Trek 900 Titanium Cooker can be indispensable when you are on a trekking trail with friends.

- SunnySports

The Snow Peak Trek 900 Titanium Cook set is all you need when going ultra-light and you can't live without a plate/frypan. The cooker is big enough to boil water, small enough for hot cocoa. At 4.7 oz, the cooker will do it all. The frypan/lid will give you the extra versatility you may want when preparing your gourmet meals high on the mountain. Your stove and a GigaPower Stove will fit inside this combo.

- CampSaver.com

Switch to the Snow Peak Trek 900 cookset and you'll shed a few pounds from your pack weight, making those long-distance endurance treks a bit easier.

The Snow Peak Trek 900 Titanium Cookset is designed to perform for the lightweight backpacker, while remaining durable and compact. Large enough to stow Snow Peak's GigaPower stove and fuel canister. This set can also be nested inside the Trek 1400 Series to accommodate a group. The folding handles make for easy handling The lid doubles as a mini fry pan, complete with a small extending handle (4 inches) The pot also comes with ounce measurements listed on the inside, and a nylon mesh sack for stowing

- OMCgear