Hilleberg Kaitum 3

I have the Kaitum 3 model but it's same as the 2 model…

Design: 4 season tunnel design
Ease of Setup: Extremely easy, 3 poles and outdoor luxury hotel style
Weight: 3kg
Price Paid: 500 uk pounds

I have the Kaitum 3 model but it's same as the 2 model apart from size and weight.

The Kaitum is a lighter version of Keron, for 3 people with that kind of space, it's perfect unless you always hike in storms. We used it during a week long trek in the Swedish mountains, and used the separate entrances for entry/exit and storing gear. This meant we had plenty of sleeping space and did not get in each others' way. The 3 person tent weighs 3kg, so for 1kg per person it's extremely roomy.

We try to go all the way with ultralight gear, using Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus, Golite Breeze (eg Ray Jardine backpack) and Golite Jam. I carried the tent, clothes and sleeping gear and some of the shared food, and still came under 9kg in total weight. We did not carry any water though.

The tent is fairly bulky when it's packed, for one person to carry, but I packed the poles separately so I could compress the tent itself.

I also have the Nammatj 2 for storm style hiking, but it's almost unnecessary as the Kaitum 3 is way more roomy and only 200g heavier - so for a 3 person tent it can't be beat IMHO.