Kelty SB 20

I would highly reccomend this sleeping bag. It was…

Summary

I would highly reccomend this sleeping bag. It was warm, and the head and foot box will always be dry. Dri-Down is an excellent advantage over the normal down.

Pros

• Dri-Down
  • Mummy shape
  • Light weight
  • Head and foot boxes are water protected

Cons

• A little tight for guy with big shoulders

We got the SB 20 because I was looking for a lightweight, DriDown bag. I got this one because of the extra protection Kelty puts on the bags. The head and foot boxes each have a water resistant covering to help you stay protected from any condensation that comes off of a tent.

The bag was plenty warm for me, and felt good. All the zippers were easy to use and the bag was easy to get in and out of. The bag comes with a compression sack that really works well. The bag reduces in size considerably. It lofts back up pretty quickly.

While I like the feel of the fabric both outside and inside I could see it wearing out as it is pretty soft, but I have not had it that long so I could not be certain on that.

In all Kelty really nailed this one. The only thing I would want to see, even thought it was not a problem, is some sort of zipper stay at the top. I have had bags with Velcro that made sure the zipper would not creep down during the night.