Mystery Ranch Glacier

men's
Volume 4,200 cubic inches (68.8 L)
Weight 6 pounds 10 ounces (3 kg)
Dimensions 24.5 x 12 x 9" (62 x 30 x 23 cm)

Stunningly well made backpack — American made in…

Stunningly well made backpack — American made in an age of Chinese imitations, with the most flawless fit, finish, function and design of any backpack on the market.

I've worn packs from Mountainsmith, Dana Design, Gregory, REI, Jansport, and North Face, and nothing compares to this. The harness is lush, overbuilt without being heavy, comfortable and easily and infinitely adjustable.  I can't emphasize the durability enough. Pull on straps as hard as you'd like.  They aren't coming off.

The pack bag is extremely well thought out — a reincarnation of the old Dana Design Terraplane/Astralplane design, but modernized with a much improved sleeping bag/bottom compartment, and improved access, materials, and design at every turn.

I'm thrilled to find such a great durable pack at a reasonable weight. After having and witnessing failed packs on thru hikes and long trails, I'll sacrifice a bit of weight for durability any day, but the Glacier is paired back a bit from the bigger and heavier g-series packs so it's pretty reasonable in the weight department.

All this, and at a price that compares to the Chinese made inferior packs that are "top of the line" from all of the other big name makers.

Craig Houdeshell

The pack is not constructed in the USA, it is imported. Please see the "Specs" tab on the Glacier webpage. It clearly states the "Country of Origin as 'Imported.'" Such a disappointment. http://www.mysteryranch.com/glacier-pack-ex

tctundra

My Mystery Ranch Glacier, circa 2011, was made in the USA and is clearly marked as such. Sadly (maybe), many Mystery Ranch packs are now being made in the Philippines. For example, the Terraplane, which as recently as 2015 was made in Montana, is now marked "worldwide." I stand by my review - my pack is USA made, and many of their packs still are made in the USA (look at the military line for similar models that are still made here). And as much as I will pay a few extra buck for a pack made in Montana, I must admit that the ones I've seen that are made overseas are VERY high quality. Much heavier duty and better made than other packs, nearly all of which are made overseas as well.

Vu Duong

Any chance you're selling this pack? :D