Rossignol BC X5

men's
Sizes 360, 370, 380, 390, 400, 410, 420, 430, 440, 450, 460, 470, 480

I rented these at REI after my first few rentals at…

Price Paid: $50, part of rental package

I rented these at REI after my first few rentals at an XC center. I found them to be a pretty good, forgiving BC boot for beginners and intermediate XC skiers. They are warmer than they appear and provide a decent mount to the ski.

I used them with Fischer BC Country Crown skis and used them in both set tracks at a center and also off-track in a state park, following snowmobile trails, fire roads, old rail beds and singletrack. I used them in a fresh 8-inch dumping of snow and was out for 5+ hours. My feet were comfortable the whole outing with just SmartWool skiing socks on.

I wish I could have found these boots when I bought my package. I found them to fit me much better than the Alpina 1550 (too much volume and uncomfortable) and Salomon boots (too loose and sloppy). The only boot I found to be better was the Fischer BCX 6, which is a much warmer boot, with a power strap to tighten the ski up for hills.

Visit Rossignol's Men's BC X5 page.

The best-selling Rossignol X5 boot is a versatile touring boot with enhanced comfort and warmth for recreational skiers and active winter enthusiasts. A free-hinge cuff with velcro powerstrap provides better mobility, stability and control. The Thermo-moldable fit, external lace-cover and taller cuff offer enhanced comfort and warmth. The X5 is designed with a reinforced toe-box, midsole and heel to deliver increased durability for exploring on and off-trail.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Glide the day away on forest roads and untracked glades with the comfort and firm support of the Rossignol BC X5 cross-country touring boots.

- REI refers to the men's version

The best-selling X5 is a versatile touring boot with enhanced comfort and warmth for recreational skiers and active winter enthusiasts. A free-hinge cuff with a velcro powerstrap provides better mobility, stability and control. The Thermo-moldable fit, external lace-cover and taller cuff offer enhanced comfort and warmth. The X5 is designed with a reinforced toe-box, midsole and heel to deliver increased durability for exploring on and off-trail.Specs:Weight: 1200 gmHeel: External 3D reinforcementUpper Cuff: 3D injection High Cuff free supportLower Cuff: PVCLace Cover: PVCLining: Polyester Thermo Adjustable FitClosing System: Velcro strapLacing system: Speed Lace LockSole: T4 MonoCloseout

- Second Ascent refers to the men's version

These performance-oriented touring boots provide excellent flex and control for classic skiing, yet enough lateral support for beginning skate skiers. Unique thermo-adjustable liner allows you to customize the interior of the boots to the shape of your foot for unmatched comfort. Hinged cuff and dual-density heel counter deliver good control around corners and on steep descents. Quick-lace system offers easy in/out. Two-layer sole provides stability and easy flex in the foot for a good kick. Compatible with NNN touring bindings. Imported.

- L.L.Bean refers to the men's version