Rossignol BC X5

men's
Sizes 360, 370, 380, 390, 400, 410, 420, 430, 440, 450, 460, 470, 480

I rented these at REI after my first few rentals at…

Price Paid: $50, part of rental package

I rented these at REI after my first few rentals at an XC center. I found them to be a pretty good, forgiving BC boot for beginners and intermediate XC skiers. They are warmer than they appear and provide a decent mount to the ski.

I used them with Fischer BC Country Crown skis and used them in both set tracks at a center and also off-track in a state park, following snowmobile trails, fire roads, old rail beds and singletrack. I used them in a fresh 8-inch dumping of snow and was out for 5+ hours. My feet were comfortable the whole outing with just SmartWool skiing socks on.

I wish I could have found these boots when I bought my package. I found them to fit me much better than the Alpina 1550 (too much volume and uncomfortable) and Salomon boots (too loose and sloppy). The only boot I found to be better was the Fischer BCX 6, which is a much warmer boot, with a power strap to tighten the ski up for hills.

Visit Rossignol's Men's BC X5 page.

The best-selling X5 is a versatile touring boot with enhanced comfort and warmth for recreational skiers and active winter enthusiasts. A free-hinge cuff with velcro powerstrap provides better mobility, stability and control. The Thermo-moldable fit, external lace-cover and taller cuff offer enhanced comfort and warmth. The X5 is designed with a reinforced toe-box, midsole and heel to deliver increased durability for exploring on and off-trail.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Glide the day away on forest roads and untracked glades with the comfort and firm support of the Rossignol BC X5 cross-country touring boots.

- REI refers to the men's version

These performance-oriented touring boots provide excellent flex and control for classic skiing, yet enough lateral support for beginning skate skiers. Unique thermo-adjustable liner allows you to customize the interior of the boots to the shape of your foot for unmatched comfort. Hinged cuff and dual-density heel counter deliver good control around corners and on steep descents. Quick-lace system offers easy in/out. Two-layer sole provides stability and easy flex in the foot for a good kick. Compatible with NNN touring bindings. Imported.

- L.L.Bean refers to the men's version

Stiff and supportive enough for steeper descents, yet injected with dual-density plastic molding for optimized flex and control, the Rossignol BC X5 Boot can take you from valley floors to high saddles with smooth performance. With Rossignol's Activ' Control Concept heel support to enhance support and control, and a Double Guide Groove for maximum contact with your ski, you get greater control with improved stability and power transfer. Rossignol also gave the BC X5 a thermo moldable liner for precise fit and comfort according to the shape of your foot, so long tours don't result in hot spots and blisters.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version