I bought these while looking to put a quiver together.

I bought these while looking to put a quiver together. They are a well-made and nice-looking boot with a high volume interior. This is why I could not make them work.

If you have a wider, thicker foot these may be perfect for you. I found them to be too voluminous for my foot and found the Rossignol and Fischer to fit much closer and tighter.

These could be one of the best nnn bc boots out there…

Summary

These could be one of the best nnn bc boots out there if not for one major issue, as everyone else has also noticed.

Pros

• Build quality
  • Materials
  • Good support

Cons

• Wants to slice your toes off

It's a shame, really. These are really good boots with just the right balance of flex and support, they're well constructed, have great materials and perform really well on bc skis. But the toe box, oh that stupid toe box. Seems to fold over when flexed, pushing down on the toes just like everyone else has said.

I'm sure it could be broken in over time, but during that time would be extremely unpleasant. I'm tempted to keep trying but fitting some sort of plastic insert in the toes or taping up my foot, that's how much I like the boots and want to solve this issue.

Experience

Used them four times before saying "uncle".

Thanks for the review, Dean. Apparently this is a common problem with these boots of late.

Exactly the same problem as another reviewer—blisters…

Summary

Exactly the same problem as another reviewer—blisters on big toes. There is a group of four of us that all have these boots and we all have this problem.

Pros

• Comfy to stand in!

Cons

• Cause blisters

I wouldn’t recommend these boots. Not only do I have blisters on my big toes but the backs of the boots rub on my heels causing terrible blisters.

My friend got the red coloured ones and she says that they are much better.

G00SE

Welcome to Trailspace, Darcy. Thanks for the heads up on these boots.

Welcome to Trailspace, Darcy.

Warm boot, but the toe box collapsed putting pressure…

Summary

Warm boot, but the toe box collapsed putting pressure on the top of my right toes at each stride.

Pros

• Warm
  • Comfortable fit in heel area

Cons

• Toe box breaks over top of toes.

I am currently shopping for a new boot due to the discomfort of these boots in the toe area.

Welcome to Trailspace, Tami. Can you show us some pictures of how the boot failed?

Nice looking sturdy XC boot that is well lined and…

Summary

Nice looking sturdy XC boot that is well lined and great for cold weather, but with a MAJOR problem. Be sure to try on and talk to an expert before buying these; they possible have a defective design flaw.

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Decent looking
  • Feel comfortable when you first put them on

Cons

• Poorly constructed at toe box area

I am so happy to see another review on this site explaining the EXACT problem I have with these boots. After about five trips; perhaps 4-7 miles, the toe box collapses right at the break where the laces end and the firm toe area starts.

I keep trying different socks, snugging up the fit, but no luck; it has just gotten worse. I am sitting writing this with four blisters across both feet after a 6-mile trek which I had to cut short due to the pain.

Very disappointed with these; I think they are defective and am going to contact Alpina to see if they will replace them for me.

G00SE

Welcome to Trailspace, Emma. I hope the manufacturer will stand by their product. Please let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to Trailspace, Emma! I'm sorry to hear your boots failed. Do you have any pictures of what happened to show others in your review? Please keep us posted on how it works out.

Good while they lasted. I bought these as part of…

Summary

Good while they lasted.

Pros

• Warm
  • Good ankle support
  • Fit my wide feet

Cons

• Toe box collapsed
  • Blisters

I bought these as part of a package with some Atomic Sierra skis. After about six medium length (e.g. 6-10 mile) trips, the toe boxes collapsed, causing an unbearable rubbing across the tops of all of my toes and causing severe pain and blisters. They still look almost like new, but are now unwearable.