Q&A

Have a question about boots? Get answers in the gear selection forum.

Good value for money. Good overall boots for rolling…

Price Paid: 216€ (incl. vat and delivery)

Summary

Good value for money. Good overall boots for rolling in fells.

Bought these boots to replace 20-year-old Asolo telemark boots. My usage is around 75% of skiing and 25% of downhill so the flex is perfect for my rolling in nearby fells. Now after <100 km of skiing these boots are breaking in properly.

Heel keeps in place quite well after switching to waxed laces instead of cotton ones. Coldest temperature of using these boots has been around -10° Celsius and no frostbites with one liner sock.

Sizing: My shoe size is normally EUR 42,5 to 43 but after reviews I ordered size EUR 42 and that's a perfect fit with one sock. Probably would fit also thin wool sock, but it hasn't been that cold so far. My foot width is D (ice hockey skates) but there's still some room left for wider width. Toe box has also quite much room and my toes aren not crushed in shoe.

Overall I really enjoy these boots and they are very good replacement for old Asolos. Flex is loose enough for skiing yet stiff enough for telemark turns. I ski with Madshus Epoch skis with Rottefella Riva bindings.

Mikko Leinonen

Rovaniemi, Finland

Alpina.jpg

G00SE

Welcome to Trailspace, Mikko. Thanks for reviewing your boots. Do you have any pictures of them?

Mikko Leinonen

Cheers G00SE. Review updated with picture.

G00SE

Great! Thank you.

Welcome to Trailspace, Mikko! Thanks for sharing your first review and picture with us. I hope you're having a good winter in Finland.