Zamberlan 308 Trekker RR

Weight 580 g

Didn't fit me. My partner has a pair of the men's…

Source: tried it in the store

Summary

Didn't fit me.

Pros

• Rubber rand protects toe of boot
  • Good medium weight leather boot

Cons

• Rubber rand not breathable
  • Cut of ankle padding did not suit my feet
  • Seam down back of heel uncomfortable

My partner has a pair of the men's version and loves them, so I initially ordered a men's version in the smallest available size, but it was still too big for me. It felt comfortable, though, so a local outfitter ordered some women's Trekker RR's in for me even though they don't normally carry them.

I liked that the liners were stuck firmly to the leather on the inside — and no Gore-tex, so felt cool. I was worried that the rubber rand around the toe would make the boots feel stiff and would not allow this area to stretch and give with use, and they did not feel very wide to me (I have high volume, low arched, wide feet), just ok.

The main issue I had was that at the back of the boot, the very top where it sits on your achilles tendon was tight, and the stitching which ran along the top dug into my achilles area at the back of my leg just above the heel. I have had this trouble with a previous pair of boots, and because of the stitching, it never did "give" or stretch, and remained painful especially on descents. (I find this a problem with many boots, and can't wear Asolos, for instance.) (I also find most boots — eg Scarpas — too narrow in the forefoot).

I also found that there was a vertical seam at the back of the heel of the boot which I could feel rubbing, even just walking around the shop. Finally, the cushioning was not what I had felt in the Zamberlan Cristallos. They felt quite hard underfoot — and yet not as stiff as I would like in the sole.

For these reasons, I trialled, but did not buy the boots, and went with the Cristallos instead. But I thought it was worth reviewing them just to share this experience, just in case someone has the same issues as I do and was contemplating buying online or something!

rated 4.50 of 5 stars All 308 Trekker RR versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 6 reviews for other versions of the 308 Trekker RR. Read all reviews »

Visit Zamberlan's 308 Trekker RR page.

Description Of Zamberlan Trekker Hiking Boots - WomensThe Zamberlan Trekker womens hiking boots are outfitted with a full-grain leather upper and VIBRAM rubber outsole for maximum comfort and durability on and off the beaten path. Feel free to ignore the nasty conditions. With a Hydrobloc wax treatment your feet will enjoy superb protection from the elements. Tromp the countryside with the Trekkers padded ankle construction. For those who live beyond beaten path, comfort and control shall know no bounds in the Zamberlan Trekker womens hiking boots. FeaturesFull-grain leather uppersHydrobloc wax treatmentRubber toe randsPadded ankle constructionSupple leather-lined heel pockets and Cambrelle nylon lining in the forefoot area Polypropylene midsoles provideVibram rubber outsoles

- US Outdoor Store

Zamberlan Trekker RR Boots provide comfort and support when you're spending long days in the mountains. The high performance midsoles are stiff, yet stable and rigid on steep, rocky, and uneven terrain.

Free Shipping. Zamberlan Women's 308 Trekker RR Boot DECENT FEATURES of the Zamberlan Women's 308 Trekker RR Boot Lightweight and durable tough hiker and moderate backpacker for warm, dry climates Specifically lasted for women, Zamberlan's 308 Trekker RR WNS is built for comfort on the trail and specifically for those who appreciate a traditional Leather-lined boot with modern amenities The 308 Trekker RR is built on the Vibram Ananasi platform, allowing for excellent shock absorption with enough support to handle a 40 pound pack Encased in 2.4mm waxed Tuscan Leather and protected up front with Zamberlan's RRS (rubber-reinforcement-system) and lined with Leather and Cambrelle for moisture wicking The 308 Trekker RR has the looks and performance of an instant classic The SPECS of the Zamberlan Women's 308 Trekker RR Boot Weight: 580 gram Upper: Hydrobloc Full Grain Leather Leather Thickness: 2,2/2,4 mm Upper Protection: R.R.S in.Rubber Reinforcement Systemin. Hardware: H.R.T in.High Resistance Treatmentin. Lining: Leather/Cambrelle Footbed: Anatomic Footbed Padding: Z.A.S in.Zamberlan Air Systemin. Insole/Shank: Zamberlan Modular Flex GT Toe and Heel: Thermoplastic Sole Package: Vibram Ananasi Construction: Cemented Fit: Women's

The new Zamberlan Women's 308 Trekker Hiking Bootis are built for comfort on the trail and specifically for those who appreciate a traditional leather-lined boot with modern amenities. Built on a Vibram Ananasi platform, this hiker allows for excellent shock absorption with enough support to handle a 40 pound pack. The 308 Trekker encases the foot in 2.4mm waxed Tuscan leather and is protected up front with Zamberlan's RRS (rubber-reinforcement-system). Lned with leather and Cambrelle for moisture wicking, this boot has the looks and performance of an instant classic.

- Altrec Outdoors

Zamberlan Women's 308 Trekker RR

The Zamberlan Women's 308 Trekker RR is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 5, 2014 at Backcountry.com.