Outdoor Retailer Winter Market 2012
Trailspace is in Salt Lake City January 18-22 for Outdoor Retailer Winter Market, the outdoor gear industry gathering with nearly 1,000 brands and more than 20,000 outdoorsy folks.
It starts at the All Mountain Demo (Wednesday, January 18) at Solitude Ski Resort, and continues with four straight days of gear announcements and launches, demonstrations, and events in the Salt Palace Convention Center (January 19-22).
- Find ongoing gear news and coverage in our Gear News articles.
OR's Softer Side: New Apparel Lines, Triple Crown Buffs, Footwear
La Sportiva, The North Face, and Outdoor Research apparel; Triple Corwn Buffs; and Vasque, Timberland, and Columbia footwear.
- POMOCA Climbing Skins (YouTube video)
Eric Henderson introduces POMOCA's line of climbing skins.
- Sierra Designs DriDown technology (YouTube video)
Scott Kaier demonstrates Sierra Designs DriDown insulation technology.
- Petzl Nao headlamp automatically dims or brightens
- Gregory redesigns Alpinisto climbing pack
- MSR SureLock poles offer light weight in aluminum
- Teva sport sandal inventor debuts split-toe Sazzi
- To the Arctic with Photographer Florian Schulz
- Marquette Backcountry Ski (YouTube video)
David Ollila, owner and founder of Marquette Backcountry Ski, discusses his company's products and "insourcing" initiative.
- Ortovox Avalanche Beacons (YouTube video)
Jamie Storrs shows us the Ortovox line of avalanche beacons
- Alpine Gear, Water Purification, an Adult Carrier, and Artisanal Jerky
Mammut, MSR, PiggyBackPack, and Krave Jerky
- Standout Shelters from Brooks-Range and Snow Peak
All Mountain Demo
- Atlas Speed Snowshoes (YouTube video)
Connor Folley of Atlas shows us the redesigned Race and Run snowshoes.
- Snow and Ice Packs, Tools, Traction, and More
Deuter, MSR, Yaktrax, ProBar, FITS Socks, and Ruff Wear
- Wild Animals, Fire, Gear!
Insta-Fire, Nargear, Kahuna Creations, Leave No Trace, Alaska Wilderness League, Save Our Wild Salmon
- Past views from the OR show floor
- A Peek Back, Inside Jeff Lowe's Pack
- Warm and Dry Apparel
Sierra Designs, Brooks-Range, Patagonia, Outdoor Research, Columbia, Icebreaker, Ibex
- Packs, Hydrophobic Down, Trekking Poles, Little Cups
Camelbak, Mountain Hardwear, Terra Nova, Sierra Designs, Easton, Mountainsmith, Kupilka
- On Snow Gear Preview
The North Face, Black Diamond, MSR, Garmont, Julbo
- Andrew Skurka's Ultimate Hiker's Gear Guide
- Ibex Offers 100% Made in America Wool
- Blogs, Videos, Pics, Tweets? What's your ideal Outdoor Retailer coverage?