Kelty Cosmic 20°

Stuffed Length 18 in / 44 cm 19 in / 48 cm 21 in / 53 cm
Temp Rating 20° / - 7° C 20° / - 7° C 20° / - 7° C
Shape Mummy Mummy Mummy
Insulation Cloudloft™ Pro Cloudloft™ Pro Cloudloft™ Pro
Shell Material 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta
Liner Material 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta
Price $89.95 USD $99.95 USD $109.95 USD

I love this bag. Back story: As a scout in the '70s,…

Summary

I love this bag.

Pros

• Warm

Back story: As a scout in the '70s, late '70s, we camped year round and down versus synthetic was always a hot topic. At some point my parents got me a synthetic mummy bag that wasn't as warm in February as some of the huge down bags. In 1979 I went to Philmont and in ten days it rained six, wettest year on record. Wet night after wet night I was ever so glad to have a bag that was warm when wet.

When my kids were young they each got Disney sleeping bags that were fun to snuggle in or use on sleepovers.  One night we were at Eastern Mountain Sports and they were closing out this bag, or this color. I couldn't resist the price and it looked and had the same synthetic material as my Philmont bag so I got one for each of the kids.

As it turned the kids never used them together. Either my wife or I went camping and used the other bag. Two Novembers a group of dads in town would book the whole Zealand hut in the White Mountains and I remember them talking about all of the strategies for staying warm. At first I though I just had warm years but I figured out that this bag was really comfortable and warm, especially at high twenty, low thirty temperatures in the hut.

My only reservation is that the bag is big when in the stuff sack.

With the Cosmic, Kelty delivers a terrific three-season…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Kelty)

Summary

With the Cosmic, Kelty delivers a terrific three-season bag. It has a great feminine look and a terrific sub-$100 price tag.

Pros

• Great styling
  • Warm
  • Sub-$100

Cons

• Heavy

Kelty positions the women’s Cosmic 20 as a bag that spans “cool spring nights into a brisk fall” and does it all for a bargain price (sub $100).

We were struck by its decidedly feminine look — thanks to the light blue and brown polka dot color scheme and embroidered flower accents. But this bag’s beauty was more than skin deep. We chose the Girl Scout Camporee over Memorial Day weekend for our test. In the coastal mountains it felt more like a winter in Siberia than Summer in Santa Cruz, but with this sleeping bag we were cozy and warm through the frigid night.

For the full review and photos, visit GearGuide.

Great bag for the price ... took it out for an overnight…

Price Paid: Under U$60

Great bag for the price ... took it out for an overnight late winter and slept nice and cozy at 28*F in my tent with my DIY footprint bubble foil insulation.

Visit Kelty's Men's Cosmic 20° page.

A fantastic value for the three-season camper, the synthetic fill Kelty Cosmic 20 Sleeping Bag provides all the warmth, comfort, and packability youll need for any overnight adventure. Offering excellent versatility, a great price, and two sizes to choose from, its no wonder this bag is a Kelty favorite.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

Fantastic value for a 3-season camper, the synthetic-fill, extra-large Kelty Cosmic 20 Sleeping Bag provides the warmth, comfort and packability you need for any spring, summer or fall overnight trip.

- REI refers to the men's version

After a night of swigging whiskey around the fire with your friends, head into your tent, and slide into your Kelty Cosmic 20-Degree Synthetic Sleeping Bag. The soft fabric feels so good that you probably won't want to get up in the morning. Not to mention dawn is in about four hours.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Sleeping Bag FEATURES of the Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Sleeping Bag Layered, offset, quilt construction Top draft collar Thermal-comfort hood fit 58in. dual-slider locking zipper Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design Stuff sack included FatMan and Ribbon drawcords SPECIFICATIONS of the Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Sleeping Bag Temperature Rating: 20deg F / -7deg C Shape: Mummy Insulation: CloudLoft Pro Shell Material: 50D Polyester Taffeta Liner Material: 50D Polyester Taffeta SPECIFICATIONS for Regular Fits to: 6' / 183 cm Length: 78in. / 198 cm Shoulder Girth: 62in. / 157 cm Fill Weight: 38 oz / 1.06 kg Total Weight: 3 lbs 9 oz / 1.60 kg Stuffed Diameter: 10in. / 24 cm Stuffed Length: 16in. / 41 cm SPECIFICATIONS for Long Fits to: 6' 6in. / 198 cm Length: 84in. / 213 cm Shoulder Girth: 64in. / 163 cm Fill Weight: 44 oz / 1.23 kg Total Weight: 3 lbs 14 oz / 1.74 kg Stuffed Diameter: 10in. / 25 cm Stuffed Length: 18in. / 46 cm SPECIFICATIONS for X-Large Fits to: 7' / 213 cm Length: 86in. / 218 cm Shoulder Girth: 70in. / 178 cm Fill Weight: 46 oz / 1.29 kg Total Weight: 4 lbs 5 oz / 1.93 kg Stuffed Diameter: 11in. / 28 cm Stuffed Length: 20in. / 51 cm

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version