Kelty Cosmic 20°

Stuffed Length 18 in / 44 cm 19 in / 48 cm 21 in / 53 cm
Temp Rating 20° / - 7° C 20° / - 7° C 20° / - 7° C
Shape Mummy Mummy Mummy
Insulation Cloudloft™ Pro Cloudloft™ Pro Cloudloft™ Pro
Shell Material 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta
Liner Material 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta 50D Polyester Taffeta
Price $89.95 USD $99.95 USD $109.95 USD

I love this bag. Back story: As a scout in the '70s,…

Summary

I love this bag.

Pros

• Warm

Back story: As a scout in the '70s, late '70s, we camped year round and down versus synthetic was always a hot topic. At some point my parents got me a synthetic mummy bag that wasn't as warm in February as some of the huge down bags. In 1979 I went to Philmont and in ten days it rained six, wettest year on record. Wet night after wet night I was ever so glad to have a bag that was warm when wet.

When my kids were young they each got Disney sleeping bags that were fun to snuggle in or use on sleepovers.  One night we were at Eastern Mountain Sports and they were closing out this bag, or this color. I couldn't resist the price and it looked and had the same synthetic material as my Philmont bag so I got one for each of the kids.

As it turned the kids never used them together. Either my wife or I went camping and used the other bag. Two Novembers a group of dads in town would book the whole Zealand hut in the White Mountains and I remember them talking about all of the strategies for staying warm. At first I though I just had warm years but I figured out that this bag was really comfortable and warm, especially at high twenty, low thirty temperatures in the hut.

My only reservation is that the bag is big when in the stuff sack.

Great bag for the price ... took it out for an overnight…

Price Paid: Under U$60

Great bag for the price ... took it out for an overnight late winter and slept nice and cozy at 28*F in my tent with my DIY footprint bubble foil insulation.

rated 4.00 of 5 stars All Cosmic 20° versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Cosmic 20°. Read all reviews »