I bought these while looking to put a quiver together.

I bought these while looking to put a quiver together. They are a well-made and nice-looking boot with a high volume interior. This is why I could not make them work.

If you have a wider, thicker foot these may be perfect for you. I found them to be too voluminous for my foot and found the Rossignol and Fischer to fit much closer and tighter.

Warm boot, but the toe box collapsed putting pressure…

Summary

Warm boot, but the toe box collapsed putting pressure on the top of my right toes at each stride.

Pros

• Warm
  • Comfortable fit in heel area

Cons

• Toe box breaks over top of toes.

I am currently shopping for a new boot due to the discomfort of these boots in the toe area.

Welcome to Trailspace, Tami. Can you show us some pictures of how the boot failed?

Nice looking sturdy XC boot that is well lined and…

Summary

Nice looking sturdy XC boot that is well lined and great for cold weather, but with a MAJOR problem. Be sure to try on and talk to an expert before buying these; they possible have a defective design flaw.

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Decent looking
  • Feel comfortable when you first put them on

Cons

• Poorly constructed at toe box area

I am so happy to see another review on this site explaining the EXACT problem I have with these boots. After about five trips; perhaps 4-7 miles, the toe box collapses right at the break where the laces end and the firm toe area starts.

I keep trying different socks, snugging up the fit, but no luck; it has just gotten worse. I am sitting writing this with four blisters across both feet after a 6-mile trek which I had to cut short due to the pain.

Very disappointed with these; I think they are defective and am going to contact Alpina to see if they will replace them for me.

Welcome to Trailspace, Emma. I hope the manufacturer will stand by their product. Please let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to Trailspace, Emma! I'm sorry to hear your boots failed. Do you have any pictures of what happened to show others in your review? Please keep us posted on how it works out.

Good while they lasted. I bought these as part of…

Summary

Good while they lasted.

Pros

• Warm
  • Good ankle support
  • Fit my wide feet

Cons

• Toe box collapsed
  • Blisters

I bought these as part of a package with some Atomic Sierra skis. After about six medium length (e.g. 6-10 mile) trips, the toe boxes collapsed, causing an unbearable rubbing across the tops of all of my toes and causing severe pain and blisters. They still look almost like new, but are now unwearable.