Warm boot, but the toe box collapsed putting pressure…

Summary

Warm boot, but the toe box collapsed putting pressure on the top of my right toes at each stride.

Pros

• Warm
  • Comfortable fit in heel area

Cons

• Toe box breaks over top of toes.

I am currently shopping for a new boot due to the discomfort of these boots in the toe area.

Welcome to Trailspace, Tami. Can you show us some pictures of how the boot failed?

9 hours ago

Nice looking sturdy XC boot that is well lined and…

Summary

Nice looking sturdy XC boot that is well lined and great for cold weather, but with a MAJOR problem. Be sure to try on and talk to an expert before buying these; they possible have a defective design flaw.

Pros

• Sturdy
  • Decent looking
  • Feel comfortable when you first put them on

Cons

• Poorly constructed at toe box area

I am so happy to see another review on this site explaining the EXACT problem I have with these boots. After about five trips; perhaps 4-7 miles, the toe box collapses right at the break where the laces end and the firm toe area starts.

I keep trying different socks, snugging up the fit, but no luck; it has just gotten worse. I am sitting writing this with four blisters across both feet after a 6-mile trek which I had to cut short due to the pain.

Very disappointed with these; I think they are defective and am going to contact Alpina to see if they will replace them for me.

Welcome to Trailspace, Emma. I hope the manufacturer will stand by their product. Please let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to Trailspace, Emma! I'm sorry to hear your boots failed. Do you have any pictures of what happened to show others in your review? Please keep us posted on how it works out.

9 hours ago

rated 2.50 of 5 stars All BC 1550 versions

In addition to the 2 women's reviews above, there are 2 reviews for other versions of the BC 1550. Read all reviews »

Alpina Women's BC 1550

The Alpina Women's BC 1550 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 6, 2016 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new nordic touring boot, check out the best reviewed current models.

DeLorme inReach SE Review