Brooks Cascadia 5

Brooks Cascadia is a well-designed and thought out…

Brooks Cascadia is a well-designed and thought out trail runner.  I've had the Cascadia 3, 4 and now 5 and I have been really comfortable in all three models (though I am a die hard Brooks fan in general, normally run in the Adrenaline GTS and race in Racer ST-4).

I've used the Cascadia for everyday use, trail running, hiking, backpacking, nearly everything.  Fit is true to size (running shoe size that is, not your dress shoe size) and has ample width for those with not-quite-a-wide foot. Durability has been in the normal 400-500 mile range, and these shoes look good dirty!  The outsole is extremely durable and the weight is nice and light.

Colors are also amazing ha ha...love the "loudness" of these shoes each year!

These shoes are the bomb! I've been running for 10…

These shoes are the bomb! I've been running for 10 years and this is my favorite running shoe I've owned.

I have a women's size 8.5 foot with an arch a little higher than normal. I have somewhat narrow feet, but the toe box is still wide enough to provide comfort for your toes.

I have the turquoise color, which I love. I have gotten lots of compliments on them! Great traction on and off trail. My feet don't get tired or sore in them at all.

I've probably put about 180-190 miles on them and they still have quite a bit of life left in them. I'm thinking about getting the Cascadia 6 when these wear out.

If you've owned or used a Brooks Cascadia 5, please share your experience.

Brooks Cascadia 5

The Cascadia 5 has been discontinued.

The Brooks Cascadia 5 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 31, 2013 at Bentgate.com.