Osprey Volt 75

8:37 p.m. on March 24, 2016 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

Just bought a Osprey Volt 75 to hold gear when I go camping-looking to start out doing a bit of hiking lightly and work my way up.Usually go alone as I'm single and prefer quiet times.The Pack-if anyone owns this particular model I have a question.On the top when I put my stuff in-How does the  closure work? It looks like it has a spring inside but do I squeeze it or what to open and close it? I dont want to break the cord lock-I believe that is what its called.On you-tube the guy is pulling the cord lock but mine is stitched to the pack.Anyone?

11:21 p.m. on March 24, 2016 (EDT)
1,967 reviewer rep
350 forum posts

You talking about something like this? Yeah, you squeeze it to loosen tension on the cord.
DSC_0231_1024x1024.JPG?v=1404688285SHORT%20TWIN%20LOCK.JPG  il_fullxfull.379846915_lf90.jpg

9:05 a.m. on March 25, 2016 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

Yes but their version is not like the traditional cord lock.

1:15 p.m. on March 25, 2016 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,534 reviewer rep
6,025 forum posts

It would help if you posted a photo. Maybe it looks like this

packcord1.jpg
To close the top of the pack, you just pull the cord through. To open, you squeeze the button and pull the opening larger. Actually, you don't even need to squeeze the button - the cord just slides easily through.

If this isn't it, post a photo.

11:13 a.m. on March 26, 2016 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

OK that's what it looks like-thanks!

12:09 p.m. on April 3, 2016 (EDT)
89 reviewer rep
79 forum posts

I have to atmos 65 ag. I went to the Ospray  web site and look at the owners manul. It will tell you all about your pack. 

5:00 p.m. on April 4, 2016 (EDT)
4 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

I reviewed the manual that came with my Osprey Atmos 65 ... it only addresses the bungee tool tie-offs on the side of the pack, not specifically the drawstring enclosure to seal the top of the main compartment (underneath the pack lid).  It states:

"Each Atmos/Aura series pack features dual ice tool loops and  bungee tool tie-offs. These clove-hitch style bungees feature  Osprey’s exclusive Y-Clip allowing you to loop tool handles quickly, with a cord lock to  secure.   Loosen the cord lock and route handles through the  bungee. Tighten the cord lock,  nesting closure into the Y-Clip to secure. Reverse to remove."

February 15, 2019
Quick Reply