I am trying to "lighten my load" (as the Eagles song goes) by closely watching what I take and what I can safely leave behind.
BUT... I lust after some items that will lighten it even more:
1. Tarptent Notch Lithium, a Cuben fiber tent at $650.+- (To replace TT Moment DW)
2. Thermarest Neo-Air X-Therm mattress at $130. (To replace my TR Prolite reg.)
3. 8 oz. WPB parka at God knows what outrageous price (To replace my 16 oz. REI eVent Kimtah parka)
4. 1 1/2 lb. internal frame pack at around $250. +- (To replace my 2 1/2 lb. Osprey EXOS 58 Lg.
5. Subscription to South Beach Diet (To delete about 20 lbs. of ugly fat ;o)
(I already own an excellent Westen Mountaineering Megalite down bag I use for early spring, summer and late fall "3 1/2 seasons".)
So as soon as I hit the lottery this will happen!
Meantime I "struggle" on with my merely UL gear. And yes, I AM dieting and exercising and losing pounds. But my "Old Fart" synthetic thyroid supplemented metabolism is very slow to cooperate. You'll see, you young whippersnappers, you'll see, age has its price(s) but it beats the alternative.
I post this geezer stuff B/C the Baby Boomer backpackers are becoming greater in number and, alas, more decrepit.