chump vows to open Superior NF and BWCA to Mining

11:25 a.m. on June 22, 2018 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
3,391 forum posts

This is not the role of a sitting US prezident.  The environmental review process is the mechanism to decide if mining is appropriate or not.  Usually roadless areas are off limits to mining unless everything is supported by helicopters, making it rarely economic to open a mine. 

11:55 a.m. on June 22, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,943 reviewer rep
1,346 forum posts

If this bothers you then I suggest not looking into what has happened since he granted himself the power to chop up the Escalante NM. Canadian mining company has moved in and started to stake out claims, again in an area far from roads where there is no power or water lines. Huge impact that will only benefit a Canadian company.

If we still had a legitimate government someone would point out that he doesn't have the right to do these things and maybe even stop him. If...

7:47 p.m. on June 22, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,088 forum posts

This is the predicable result when Presidents choose to use executive order to declare national monuments and sanctuaries without the involvement of congress.  The pendulum eventually swings the other way...  Like it or not the President can dictate land use policy over a broad range of government lands, via the Secretary of the Interior.

Ed

10:41 a.m. on June 23, 2018 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
3,391 forum posts

I keep telling myself "we survived James Watt."

12:47 p.m. on July 11, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,243 reviewer rep
1,640 forum posts

During the last presidential election I felt like I was choosing which STD I'd be getting. 

At least there are still three branches of government and a two term limits for Presidents.

I'm confident (frightened) that this won't end up as the worst president ever. 

6:04 p.m. on July 12, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,088 forum posts

ppine said:

I keep telling myself "we survived James Watt."

My thoughts exactly...

Ed

September 21, 2018
Quick Reply