A Year Backpacking in the PNW

8:56 p.m. on October 5, 2018 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
51 forum posts

I've spent close to 8 months almost every weekend out in the woods in the beautiful PNW. While camping I had my camera just run, taking timelapses of what my eyes had the pleasure of taking in. Still got some kinks to work out but I think after almost a full year it turned out alright haha

Hope you all enjoy!

Note: Some of these timelapse shots you'll recognize if you've watched the first 30 seconds of any of my videos on my trip reports I've posted on this awesome site! Thank you all for the wonderful feedback over the summer! 

10:14 a.m. on October 6, 2018 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,656 forum posts

You could have a future as a videographer. 

Now I really miss Washington. 

6:52 p.m. on October 6, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
19 forum posts

very beautiful shots. i am fortunate to be located here for the last 22 years - love it.

if you don't mind a bit of criticism, the music didn't add anything positive to the video for me. had to mute it. maybe something quieter...that's just me though.

i like the idea of just letting the camera run. nice.

12:15 a.m. on October 7, 2018 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
51 forum posts

MossBack said:

very beautiful shots. i am fortunate to be located here for the last 22 years - love it.

if you don't mind a bit of criticism, the music didn't add anything positive to the video for me. had to mute it. maybe something quieter...that's just me though.

i like the idea of just letting the camera run. nice.

Yeah I kinda figured with the music. You aren't the first to mention it either. Even out of everyone I know not many people like my music lol. The song meant a lot to me though as I listened to it a lot on my drive/move out cross country to Washington, helped keep me calm before the unknown & new chapter in my life about to happen. Though I know it will make the popularity/liking of the video suffer I always had it in my mind to use it. Now that it's out of the way though I can approach things different for next years mark2.0 verison!

12:15 a.m. on October 7, 2018 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
51 forum posts

ppine said:

You could have a future as a videographer. 

Now I really miss Washington. 

Thanks ppine! If it helps any, it's super duper crowded these days lol

7:41 a.m. on October 8, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
7,883 reviewer rep
1,416 forum posts

I've heard much worse music on videos before :) Do what makes you happy. Turning off the sound is always an option.

This was a fun video. I've done some long, single shot time lapse videos before, but you have access to a lot of great spots for it, so this mix thing really works nicely. If I tried to do this concept most of the shots would be of tree trunks or me scratching my butt in camp heh.

10:29 a.m. on October 8, 2018 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,656 forum posts

I liked the soundtrack. 

11:21 a.m. on October 8, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,048 reviewer rep
2,246 forum posts

very cool!

what editing software do you use?

8:53 p.m. on October 10, 2018 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep