fishnet long underwear

6:44 p.m. on May 11, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

has anybody tried fishnet long underwear for winter activities?i have found two companies that make and promote it;WIGGY'S in the USA and BRYNJE, produced in Norway. thanks for your input,Brian

9:36 p.m. on May 11, 2003 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

I used fishnet way back in the 70's. Switched to polypro in the 80's and did not know that it was still in use. Might be worth a try (with polypro or other synthetic??), though I don't think I'd be willing to spend much on the fishnet.

7:50 a.m. on May 12, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

has anybody tried fishnet long underwear for winter activities?i have found two companies that make and promote it;WIGGY'S in the USA and BRYNJE, produced in Norway. thanks for your input,Brian

http://www.reliableracing.com/wintersportscatalog/searchresults.cfm?search=Brynje check out the BRYNJE brand made in Norway and sold in the US by Reliable Racing ski equipment

7:50 p.m. on May 20, 2003 (EDT)
67 reviewer rep
757 forum posts
Nah - go synthetic instead

Quote:

I used fishnet way back in the 70's. Switched to polypro in the 80's and did not know that it was still in use. Might be worth a try (with polypro or other synthetic??), though I don't think I'd be willing to spend much on the fishnet.

Me too. It sort of sucked - uncomfortable and left funny marks on yer body - can't say as it worked worth a darn either. I wouldn't take it - go for synthetics instead.

Jim S

9:32 p.m. on September 9, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

Yes I have. I have 3 suits 30 Years old. It works as layer one better than anything I have ever tried. I am going to check the places you mention

3:51 p.m. on October 4, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

I just wore out my last set, and will get more.

It makes sense that it would make a good first layer for winter. The value I've found in it is for spring and fall where chilly mornings evolve into warm days. It seems to ventilate much better than polypro as the day warms up; thus reducing the need to shed layers.

August 20, 2019
Quick Reply