Full Body Yoga Stretching Routine after Hiking

9:33 a.m. on March 20, 2019 (EDT)
MEDIA
0 reviewer rep
72 forum posts

In today's video I will share with you my favourite full body yoga stretching routine. This is a compilation of the different yoga postures that I find to be the most effective to release the sore muscles. I love doing it several times a week while I am on a long hike of after having the intense exercise routine. It is also great for the whole body relaxation and creating the meditative state of mind. So let's begin!

Watch the full video here: 

Thank you for joining me here for this stretching routine. Hope that you enjoyed this practice! I am curious to know what stretching routine you prefer, let me know in the comments.

9:15 a.m. on March 22, 2019 (EDT)
MEDIA
0 reviewer rep
72 forum posts

miajacob098 said:

Can you explain some main benefits of it?

Hello, I believe that stretching is essential part of the every day life and is great for warm up, for waking up the body and as an injury prevention as well. But for everybody the selection of exercises should be different, this is just a suggestion. So you should try it for yourself, experiment with it and see what works best for you.

1:48 p.m. on March 22, 2019 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,319 forum posts

miajacob098 said:

Among other things:

• Stretches make you more flexible.  This with reduce risk of injuries, and reduce the likelihood of muscle cramps and pulls.
  • Stretches facilitate blood circulation, which in turn helps remove metabolic toxins from your body. 
  • Stretching is relaxing.  It is almost impossible to do a stretching routine without falling into a restful, meditative state of mind 
  • Vigorous stretching releases endorphins into the blood stream. This makes you feel better.

Ed

8:22 a.m. on March 23, 2019 (EDT)
MEDIA
0 reviewer rep
72 forum posts

whomeworry said:

miajacob098 said:

Among other things:

• Stretches make you more flexible.  This with reduce risk of injuries, and reduce the likelihood of muscle cramps and pulls.
  • Stretches facilitate blood circulation, which in turn helps remove metabolic toxins from your body. 
  • Stretching is relaxing.  It is almost impossible to do a stretching routine without falling into a restful, meditative state of mind 
  • Vigorous stretching releases endorphins into the blood stream. This makes you feel better.

Ed

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It describes the benefits perfectly:)

June 20, 2019
Quick Reply