Camp Quick Delicious BBQ Recipe

6:58 a.m. on May 30, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Suppose you are in the wild hunting, lets say a deer etc. Let me share a tasty recipe for any meat and you would love it, First Always keep some coal, salt and Few Skewers with your self when on a hunt and you know you have to cook out side, So lets say you are done with your hunt and ready to cook, start by cutting the meat and put it in a roasting manner on a skewer, light that coal and make a small pile and let it get all reddish, around the coal put some stones or something which can give a bit distance between you meat and coal (so it does not burn) then apply some salt to the mean, and apply with open heart, dont worry the extra salt will fall, use the animals fat and heat it, it will automatically start to drip like oil, use that to give a touch of oil to that mean and let it roast, until you see its reddish from the outside and a bit juicy on the inside and tadahh your tasty BBQ is ready, make it once and you will thank me.

11:57 p.m. on May 30, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,519 forum posts

Well Billy I do believe you have exceeded my longest ever, run on sentence by a mile - quite the feat!  But on topic: your BBQ is essentially salted meat on skewers?  Just making sure something wasn't lost in the translation.

Ed

9:05 a.m. on July 26, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

HaHa sorry whomeworry got carried away.

9:56 a.m. on July 26, 2018 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
4,067 forum posts

Coal makes meat taste terrible.  So does pine and lots of other kinds of wood. 

10:32 a.m. on July 28, 2018 (EDT)
82 reviewer rep
492 forum posts

I am going to carry coal around in case I want to eat right there?  Sorry, I am from Newcastle....

1:48 p.m. on July 30, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,331 reviewer rep
1,177 forum posts

Isn't that how Samwise Gamgee cooked "a brace of coneys" in Lord of the Rings?

2:39 p.m. on July 30, 2018 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
4,067 forum posts

BBQ normally involves rubs, marinades and/or sauce.  You have described roasting meat over a fire.  It has worked for tens of thousands of years.  Good idea. 

The backstrap off an elk or moose is hard to beat or wild sheep ribs. 

4:27 a.m. on July 31, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,519 forum posts

Ok Ppine, let me know when and where your next elk, moose, or wild sheep BBQ is taking place, and I'll be there!

Ed

March 29, 2020
Quick Reply