FS: Vintage Load Hauler - Lowe Alpine Contour 4

4:02 a.m. on May 17, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
678 forum posts

I recently had the good fortune to acquire a Lowe Alpine, Contour 4 internal frame pack. I can't use another pack as I'm pretty satisfied with my Gregory so I'm offering it up for sale here. I've gone over the pack, cleaned it up a bit, and found it to be in very good used condition. With the exception of a few stains, minor scratches and scuffs, there are area's on the pack that appear hardly used. The shoulder straps and padded hip belt for one.  I found one, 1 inch long slit that I first bonded together with seam grip and then applied a nylon patch over the area. I think its pretty solid but may yet stitch on a patch over the spot with some pack cloth - 

DSC04948.jpg
Its a tall pack with an adjustable torso length up to about 22 inches maximum and I would say the capacity is at least 5500 cubic inches. There is a sleeve extension for more carry capacity if needed or just to seal off an overstuffed pack. It features 2 aluminum stays, extendable top pocket, a huge lower sleeping bag compartment, tool loops, side compression straps and load lifter straps. The coating and buckles  are intact, and the stitching is in good shape. I think its a solid pack that isn't even close to being worn out. I'm asking $50.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you would like more close up photo's.

DSC04942.jpg

DSC04943.jpg

DSC04944.jpg

DSC04945.jpg

DSC04946.jpg

DSC04947.jpg

11:06 a.m. on May 17, 2015 (EDT)
1,753 reviewer rep
3,956 forum posts

I just recently gave mine to a friend who is a Scout Master.

The Lowe Alpine Contour IV was a great pack for me having used it for 20 years after buying it second hand.

Anyone who needs a pack like this ought to jump on it.

11:56 a.m. on May 17, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
678 forum posts

Thanks for your input Mike!

9:57 p.m. on May 28, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
678 forum posts

Sold -

October 14, 2019
Quick Reply