BACKPACKS FOR SALE

3:12 p.m. on September 25, 2015 (EDT)
61 reviewer rep
32 forum posts

100_3795.jpg
100_3793.jpg

1. Dana Design K2 Longbed (external frame, Size Large with a Medium hip-belt. Made in U.S.A.  Excellent condition.
100_3791.jpg

Bought it new in 1997 at Appalachian Outfitters in Vienna, Virginia (no longer doing business). Don't recall what I paid for it. It holds everything and the kitchen sink. Great external pockets. I've used it half of the time for my once a year (if that) Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky mountain camping trips. Alternated between this and ...

2. Osprey Silhouette Vector One (internal frame), Size Medium with a Medium hip-belt. Made in Dolores, Colorado. Excellent condition.

Same story: Bought it new in 1997 at Appalachian Outfitters in Vienna, Virginia (no longer doing business). Don't recall what I paid for it. It packs well and carries well owing to the compression function. No external pockets. I've used it the other half of the time for my once a year (if that) Virginia, West Virginia, and Kentucky mountain camping trips.

And last, but not least ...

3. Osprey Kestrel Ballistic Vector One, Size Large. Made in U.S.A. (Dolores, Colorado? probably).  Excellent condition.

Bought it new in 1998 from Appalachian Outfitters in Vienna, Virginia (no longer doing business). Don't recall what I paid for it. It was to be an option for minimalist camping, carrying as little gear as possible. Used once (didn't like all the straps hanging from it).

The first two packs have been recently washed with NikWax Tech Wash and treated with NikWax TX Direct. The last pack has never been washed at all (can be done for you if you ask, but will add a week of drying time prior to shipping).

All three packs are in near perfect condition—no tears, rips, holes, or mesh holes of any kind, and no burns or stains, either. You'll think you've stepped back in backpacking time and are seeing these pristine examples as though they just came off the shelf. No kidding.

If you're not happy with what you see when you open the box, I'll give your money back if you don't take the backpack camping first. They're that clean and error-free.

Only now have I decided to sell these backpacks because I'm not using them often enough. For all the reasons cited above, the prices on any or all of these backpacks are open for negotiation, first come first served. Other photographs available on request. Thanks for your interest!

5:50 a.m. on September 30, 2015 (EDT)
61 reviewer rep
32 forum posts

The Osprey Silhouette is now off the market. The K2 Longbed (green) and Osprey Kestrel Vector One (black), both are size Large, and both are still available.

October 14, 2019
Quick Reply