172 forum posts
I am selling my Noas 85 pack. I own it since 2009, and used it for about 130 days in total. Made in Canada, it is in a fantastic condition. I used it for weeklong treks, and it carries well up to about 60 pounds (possibly more, I don’t think that I had in it a heavier load). The load transfer disk and the integrated mono frame work great, and are in perfect condition. I believe that I still have some lube for the transfer disk, never had to use it so far. The weatherproofing construction is unmatchable by any other product on the market – I left it outside my tent in rain and snow and everything stays dry. I am selling it because honestly, I haven’t used it for a few years now (have a knee problem and tend to go with a smaller pack nowadays) and I am sure that someone else can enjoy it.
I hope it comes clear in the photos, but it is a bit dirty from the outside. I had it with me in some bus rides in Central Asia and it got a bit of grease on it. I washed it a couple of times with tech wash but it still there. However, it is purely aesthetic. Other than that, there is a tiny bit of wear in one of the side compression straps, and a very small rip a bit above one of the shoulders strep. All the rest, such as zippers, stitching, the seam tape from the inside, all are in excellent condition. This beast will last for years.
This is the specs - SIZE SMALL
Volume: 5004 cubic inches / 82 liter
Weight: 99 oz / 2800 g
Extend To: 5614 cubic inches / 90 liter
Will fit folks with a torso size 16-19 in
The price is $400 plus shipping. I am happy to answer questions if there are any.
Features (from REI)
- Made with revolutionary Advanced Composite Construction of urethane laminated fabric to keep contents dry
- Top-loading main compartment features a DryBag™ roll-top closure system underneath removable lid for easy packing and added weatherproofing
- WaterTight™ zippers on all pockets help prevent water penetration
- All seams are sealed for weather-tight protection
- Hydration-compatible design features reservoir pocket with a waterproof hydroport for drinking tube (reservoir sold separately)
- Radially formed shoulder straps and hipbelt wrap around torso for a supportive fit
- For heavy loads, hipbelt suspension's large, double-ring Load Transfer Disc™ allows superior range of motion and easy disconnection from pack
- To release the hipbelt, grab at center and twist it counter-clockwise; belt releases from center disc; reverse actions to reconnect
- Zippered large kangaroo side pocket stores oft-used items
- All molded components and suspension system are laminated and bonded for superior strength
- Thin and light Monoframe™ consists of EVA foam, Kydex plastic and two aluminum stays to create a direct link between back, suspension and bag