WTB: Down Booties

9:05 a.m. on September 9, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
681 forum posts

Anyone know of a company making a line of down booties with a rugged sole for shuffling around the campsite? Or, maybe you have a used pair you might sell? Specific size would be women’s shoe size 6.5 or 7. Sierra Designs is no longer making the Dri Zone booties which were ideal.

12:46 a.m. on September 10, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,415 forum posts

I found these Feathered Friends Down Booties on Craigslist for $20.  I think they go for around $89/$99 retail.

Outershell.

DSC04366.jpg

Fill Weight
‎: ‎4 oz. (Medium)Garment Shell Fabric‎: ‎Pertex® Endurance® ULFill Power‎: ‎800+ Goose Down Average Weight‎: ‎9.3 oz. (Medium)

Outer shell has upper drawstring at the top of the cuff and at the top of the foot at below the ankle.DSC04372.jpg

Inner bootie/sock

DSC04374.jpg

Top of the inner bootie has two snap sizes, loose and tight.  My picture is missing the third snap on the right of the cuff for the smaller adjustment, which is about 2 in. past the second snap furthest right.DSC04375.jpg

The bottom exterior of outer shell is some sort of pebbled, almost rubber like substance. Easy on the tent and non-slip, though I've not tried them on snow or ice.

DSC04373.jpg
DSC04369.jpg

The inner bottom interior of the outer shell has a thin layer of the same, or similar, material that is used in smaller daypacks to help hold the shape/support and soften the back of the pack.  The padding is removable for easy cleaning and or replacement I suppose if one were to wear it out.

DSC04377.jpg

My booties are a size large and measure 12 in. toe to heel.  I wear a size 9/10 and these fit well.  I'd suspect that they would work well with people who wear a men's size 8.5-11.5.

My only other experience with down booties were a pair of TNF booties that cost about the same as these but were not near as nice, useful or well made.  I traded those for a really nice Snow Lion expedition parka.

Hope this helps.

1:50 a.m. on September 11, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,415 forum posts

Found this just now.

1.)  FEATHERED FRIENDS OUTER OVER BOOTIE (FABRIC: Pertex® Endurance) 5.15oz/146g INNER (DOWN: 4oz 800fp /FABRIC: Pertex® Endurance) 4.79oz/136g Note: INNER have two snaps around the ankles Total Weight 9.94oz/281.79g……..COST $85 

2.)  GOOSEFEET OUTER OVER BOOTIE (FABRIC: silnylon upper) 2.0oz/56.69g INNER (DOWN DWR: 1oz 850fp /FABRIC: 20d nylon) 2.5oz/70.87 Total Weight  4.5oz/127.57g……..COST $65

3.)  NUNATAK CHUGACH BOOTIES ONE PIECE BOOTIE (DOWN: 3.5oz 875fp /FABRIC: Epic nylon) Total Weight  8.0oz/226.79g……..COST $149

4.)  WESTERN MOUNTAINEERING ONE PIECE BOOTIE (DOWN: ~3.0oz 800fp /FABRIC: nylon) Total Weight  6.0oz/170.09g……..COST $149

5.)  FORTY BELOW CAMP BOOTIES ONE PIECE BOOTIE (Polyester/FABRIC: Taffeta nylon) Total Weight 9.7oz/273.85g……..COST $56

10:38 a.m. on September 11, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
681 forum posts

Thank you Apeman for gathering all this information and its presentation. Very much appreciated! I'm looking into this for a friend whose need is however at a lower price point. She wants to replace her worn out SD Dri Zone booties which were ideal for her needs and sold for about $40 to $50 dollars. But, it seems many companies have lost interest in that market. 10 or 15 years ago you could go into nearly every outdoor store and find these booties or something comparable.

10:52 a.m. on September 11, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
681 forum posts

Apeman, Thanks so much for all the trouble you went to with your suggestions, my name is Roxy and I'm PineSaps friend. He put this post up for me because Im trying to replace the little booties Ive used for years. I live in my van and just need them to keep my feet warm in the van, but still be able to hop out of my van and walk on spiky things in the desert or greet the new year in a few inches of snow. Sadly, I'm not going on any amazing expeditions. I love my Sierra Designs Dri Zone booties and just want to replace them with something similar.

3:32 p.m. on September 11, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,415 forum posts

Norm and Roxy,  It was no problem taking the pictures and down loading them.  The list I found on a search for down booties as the post got me wondering what is out there and available.

One can find the booties/socks for fairly cheap but then if they have a sole or  the come with a outer with a sole it seems to double the price.  The Feathered Friends will sell just the booties/socks for $54.  There is also this which popped up on my feed while I was Googling other stuff.    Baffin Cush Booty Slipper, Adult Unisex, Size: XL M, Dusk   $26.95 Shoes.com         https://www.shoes.com/baffin-cush-booty-slipper/754372/1581189?cm_mmc=googleproductads_pla_with_promotion-_-none-_-none-_-none

Now, here is my suggestion.  I find darn near everything use, used except toilet paper, motor oil liquor/beer .  With the amount of stuff, used/pre-owned, out there there is no reason that one cannot find what one wants other than one is put off of by buying used..........unless one is just to lazy to look, and or is the typical American that is willing to go to work and over pay for items when it is so easy to find what one wants used, and of course there are those of use that have so much money that it's just a pain in the botton of a donkey to take the time to look for used/repurposed items .  I find everything that I buy used on Ebay, Craigslist, or Classified sections on sites like Trialspace.  I've also used Geartrade.com and a quick search shoes that they have some  womans booties for around $25 that appear to have soles.  I found both pairs of down booties that I've owned on Craigslist for about 1/5th the price of new and did not pay tax.  You just can't beat that.

I would buy the best available pair of botties that fits your need and fit's within your budget and then keep an eye out for you Dri Zones.  I can also keep an eye out as I'm looking at and for gear on a daily basis.

So Roxi,  I'll keep my eye out for a pair of  Sierra Designs Dri Zone booties for you if you'd like.  I would need your size and how much your willing to spend.  As I do not live in any of the areas where I buy stuff off of Craigslist there would of course be postage.  I would have them sent direct to you and u can reimburse me.  If you and Norm find other booties that you like I'll keep and eye out for them as well.

A quick search of Ebay revels that there are 15,170 listings for down booties, while womens down booties has 9,685 listings.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sierra-Designs-Down-Moccasin-Booties-Womens-L-Black-Light-Shoe-Boots-8-5-9-5/263880408414?hash=item3d707f7d5e:g:l-AAAOSwZ3BaVsQk  New $23.00/$8.50 shipping

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Sierra-Designs-Dri-Down-600-Fill-Coat-Sz-Med-22/223117512751?hash=item33f2d7102f:g:PnYAAOSw7GNauZHY  $22.50 or best offer/$8.00

If you go to this amazon site they have a number of different options, though the Drizone boots are sold out.

https://www.amazon.com/Sierra-Designs-Mens-Drizone-Booties/dp/B002AS9ATM

Best of luck, Now it's time to go to work and go to the brewery.  ;)>

Brian

3:45 p.m. on September 11, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,415 forum posts

I just found these:

Sierra Designs Duck Down Booties Puffy Boots Camping Shoes Slippers ML

$21.00 buy in now+ $8.00 Shipping.  Now, this is a 'make a offer' as well so you can send them a offer.  Be aware that people usually don't take lowball offers but I'd bet you could save a few bucks on these.

Sierra Designs Duck Down Booties Puffy Boots Camping Shoes Slippers ML

https://www.ebay.com/i/163217763890?chn=ps

12:30 p.m. on September 12, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
681 forum posts

Roxy here - Thanks once again, I'm following up on some of your suggestions in case I missed something in my own searches. I've been looking in thrift stores for years now with no luck (I found some inner booties for $2.00 which I love and wear inside my Dri Zone boots or in bed), and have been repairing my own booties with Shoe Goo for just as long and will continue to do so, but they are getting a bit beyond being able to repair. LOL. I guess finding the perfect bootie is a personal thing, where I have to have just the right fit etc. It's kind of you to offer to look for booties for me, but I'm actually hitting the road soon for the next seven months and won't have an address, so getting things in the mail is very difficult also, I don't have to have these booties right now, so will keep on looking as I travel. Thanks for all your effort, happy trails. Roxy.

2:57 p.m. on September 12, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,415 forum posts

Your are more than welcome.  I can understand the desire to try before you buy.  As you will be traveling I would keep an eye on Craigslist where ever you travel to.  I can count on only one hand the things that I've not been able to find used and at highly discounted prices on either Ebay ro Craigslist.  Down booties are one of those things that people either buy or get as a gift and then hardly ever use.   What size are your current Sierra Designs Dri Zone booties?  If I spot them in the near future I'll relay the info to Pin Sap as I'm always on the computer looking for a good deal on something or another.  Travel well~Travel safe.

11:29 p.m. on November 1, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,156 forum posts

What size do you need?

November 21, 2019
Quick Reply