678 forum posts
Price includes shipping cost. PPFF or please add the 4% fee if you prefer a goods transaction.
- Italian Made Fabiano Midweight Hiking Boots - Men's 9 Narrow, Women's 10/10.5
If you are a vintage boots enthusiast, here’s a pair of Fabiano, made in Italy all leather classics. Well known to 1st and 2nd generation “Golden Age” backpackers of the 70’s and early 80’s along with Pivetta, Lowa, Raichle, Zamberlan etc. Fabiano has long been associated with Scarpa. According to commentary on Trailspace in March 2007:
"Fabiano started as an outgrowth of a shoe repair shop in Boston. The founder was an Italian immigrant bootmaker. He designed a series of boots, mostly leather, that were fabricated to his specifications in Italy, by Scarpa."
– Midweight boot with just a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot.
- 1 piece all leather suede upper with a glove leather lining. The uppers are without scratches, digs or wear and look in “mint” condition. They haven’t even been “Snow Sealed”.
– Littleway sole attachment with the heels glued and screwed.
- At the toe, the sole was slightly separated but felt solid and stable. I couldn't pry it open further just with my hands. However, several persons were concerned about the potential for further de-lamination and I agreed that it was certainly possible. Taking direction from Steve Komito, local Estes Park, CO boot repairman and climbing shoe re-soler, I am re-posting now with the tips of the soles glued and screwed down. In the photo's, you will see that I decided not to wipe off the adhesive that was squeezed out as the screws were tightened down. I feel that this further reinforces the repair. Adhesive was also applied to the screws to prevent loosening.
– Alps Fabiano Extra lug soles with possibly 75% remaining life. Boots may be resoled.
– The boots stitching and the lacing hooks are in excellent shape.
- Weight is 3lbs 5oz a pair.
- Asolo Medium Weight Leather Hiking Boots - Goretex- Men's 10.5
A stout, fairly stiff midweight boot with just a little flex by hand at the ball of the foot. Size 10.5. The boots are moderately worn with the wear showing mostly in the Vibram sole. Re-sole-able.
- All leather upper. Sort of a greenish gray.
- Cambrelle lining in excellent condition.
- Goretex membrane.
- Tongue gusset.
- Suitable for backpacking, light summer mountaineering and glaciers with strap-on, flexible crampons.
- Weight is 3lbs, 12.5oz per pair.
- Toes need some polish but no deep scratches or digs.
- Women's Montrail Leather Mountaineering Boots - Size 8, Euro 39
Made in Italy, step-in crampon compatible boots designed for technical mountaineering and moderate ice climbing. An extremely stiff boot that I can not flex by hands.
- Toe and heel welt.
- Thinsulate Insulated.
- Full circumference rubber rand.
- Vibram lug sole
- Cambrelle lined
- 2.5 lbs per boot
Very lightly used and in excellent condition. Soles look nearly new and the interior lining is without wear. Asking $125.00.
- Lowa Renegade III Leather Lined Low Top – Size 7. A non-Goretex leather lined version of the GTX Low. Multi-function trail shoe design. Hike, scramble, travel, casual. Nubuck leather with Cordura trim. Glove leather lined. Weight is 700 grams. Near new, my friend wore them a couple of times. Asking $$75.00.
- Men's Montrail Backpacking and Mountain Boot - Size 9, EUR 42.5
Heavy duty boots with stiff shanks that can be flexed just a bit by hand at the ball of the foot. Good for rough terrain, providing support for heavier loads and with crampons for snow couloirs, glacial travel and icy rock gullies. Use with strap-on crampons such as Petzl Vasak with Flexlock bindings or older, full strap-on SMC's. Pair with rigid crampons for easy to moderate ice climbing.
- Vibram deep lug sole with next to no wear.
- Cambrelle lining that is clean and near new in appearance.
- Rubber toe rand.
- Separate outer tongue gusset helps to keep out water and debris.
- Full grain, rough-out leather.
- Size US 9, Eur 42.5. To help with sizing, the inside measurement of the foot bed, toe to heel is 10&1/8 inches. This is with the tape right on the insole of the left shoe and to where the removable insole at the heel begins its upward turn. Compare with your current footwear.
- Weight is 2 lbs, 1 oz per boot.
Hardly used, in close to new condition. Asking $125.00.
- Women's Montrail Leather Hiking Boots - Size 9
Mid-weight boot with a sole that can be flexed by hand at the ball of foot. Full leather outer with Chambrelle wicking liner. Vibram sole, scree collar, full rand and tongue gusset. Weigh 2lbs 11 oz. Very lightly used with nearly no wear on the soles. Interior lining looks practically new. Asking $65.00.
- Pair of Aku Italian Made Leather Hiking Boots - Women's 6.5, Men's 5
Fairly stiff midweight plus hiking boots. Flesh out leather outer with a leather lining. A stout boot with just a little hand flex at the ball of the foot. One piece upper, tongue gusset and deep lug Vibram soles. Weight is 3 and 1/4 pounds per pair. Slightly used on a couple of day hikes, near new. Asking $85.00.
- Vasque Leather Sundowner Hiking Boots – Men Size 7.5 – Wmn 8.5/9 - The Originals
Long a mainstay for Appalachian Trail thru hikers and the National Park Service. These are the originals, made in Italy with a full grain leather outer and wicking Chambrelle lining. Mid-weight boot with a sole that can be flexed by hand at the ball of foot. In very good used condition. The Vibram Skywalk sole has much remaining life and is not worn unevenly at the heel. Interior lining shows no worn through spots. Its a very durable boot and if the upper is cared for will last for resoling. Any Red Wing shoe store will condition the uppers on the spot, without charge. Asking $55.00 shipped.
Boots weigh 2lbs 9oz
- La Sportiva Women's Mountain Running Shoes - Size 10 USA - $28.00
Model is the Busido with friction rubber soles, mesh and man-made suede uppers. Excellent lightly used condition. No significant wear on the soles and the interior is without worn spots. Asking $28.00.