Dean Potter

9:56 a.m. on May 17, 2016 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,338 forum posts

Alpinist Magazine

22 hrs · 

Dean Potter died one year ago today. A week before his death, we had reached out to Dean to talk about his story in Alpinist 0, The Call, before republishing it online. He told us on May 11, 2015:

“Lately I've been missing the quiet wilderness of Argentina and have been feeling the pull to return to the simplicity of those windy peaks on the edge of the Southern Hemisphere. In 2002 I visited the smoking mountains of El Chaltén and entered into perhaps the most powerful flow state I've ever experienced. The Call describes this vague process. I don't understand it any better today than I did back then, but every moment I'm pursuing my arts is an attempt to further the deepness of these elevated states.”

safe_image.php?d=AQBvfVJJdZzbGix0&w=470&The Call - Alpinist.com

May 11, 2015: Lately I've been missing the quiet wilderness of Argentina and have been feeling the pull to return to the simplicity of those windy peaks on the edge of the Southern Hemisphere. In 2002 I visited the smoking mountains of El…ALPINIST.COM

April 25, 2019
Quick Reply