Benchmade rescue hooks

1:27 a.m. on August 1, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

What do you think of these hooks for climbing/hiking [link deleted] benchmade-multi-use-emergency-5-rescue-hook

3:29 a.m. on August 1, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,104 forum posts

I have never had a situation that required me to quickly sever a line while climbing or camping, thus it seems like extra weight or, more likely, a gadget targeting the macho types to open their beer bottles with.

Ed

9:33 a.m. on August 1, 2018 (EDT)
67 reviewer rep
338 forum posts

About the only cutting I have done on a climb is to slice away degraded slings, etc. from rappel anchors.  A small,light pocket knife (SAK) handles the chore nicely.  No point to these gadgets.

6:22 a.m. on August 2, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,380 forum posts

Seems to me that this tool would be more suited to cutting seatbelts in an emergency rather than for camping or climbing.

12:25 p.m. on August 3, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,937 reviewer rep
2,094 forum posts

the same person posted this to use them as anchors for a hammock. troll.

10:11 a.m. on August 4, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,380 forum posts

LOL.............well Andrew, I guess that is a possibility.  Why in the world would someone troll a gear site?  Sigh.............. I guess there are unlimited answers that I'm unaware of.  So, I'll air this out in public.  So, Billy02, are you a Troll? And if so, why are you a Troll........................and, why would you be Trolling this site?

October 19, 2018
Quick Reply