Hello, I am planning on climbing Mt. Marcy and I had a few questions that I could not find ANYWHERE on the internet. Hopefully you guys can help me out.
1. Is there a kiosk at the start of the trail to marcy dam that you have to sign into?
2. What is the likely hood you will see a park ranger?
3. How cold does it get at the end of feburary?
4. Will the path be clearly shown at this point of the year?
4. And Is there a place near lake placid that you could rent gear? (e.g. sleeping pads, snowshoes, etc.)
I hope to hear from somebody soon!! thank you for your time!