Meet Brian: Colorado Backpacker, Teacher, Gear Reviewer

8:00 a.m. on January 14, 2015 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,373 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Meet Brian: Colorado Backpacker, Teacher, Gear Reviewer"

Congratulations, Brian, our latest Reviewer of the Month! The Colorado backpacker, skier, climber, and teacher wins a Source Ultimate hydration system, plus a gear goodie pack, for his helpful reviews.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2015/01/14/meet-brian-gear-reviewer-of-month.html

10:49 a.m. on January 14, 2015 (EST)
RETAILER REVIEW CORPS
4,241 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

Congratulations, Brian! Thanks for sharing your helpful reviews! We are glad to have you here at Trailspace and hope to see more great reviews from you. It sounds like you've had some pretty awesome adventures. I'd love to see a trip report from out west sometime!

2:16 p.m. on January 14, 2015 (EST)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
11,276 reviewer rep
460 forum posts

Congrats, Brian!!! We all appreciate the hard work in good reviews, it looks like you're already enjoying your time here at TS!

4:10 p.m. on January 14, 2015 (EST)
2,900 reviewer rep
256 forum posts

Well done, Brian, and hope the reviews keep coming! Costco, eh? I've seen them at the one by me, but never checked them out. It's on the to-do list now. Again, congrats and fantastic pictures and stories!

9:49 p.m. on January 14, 2015 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
12,028 reviewer rep
1,405 forum posts

Congratulations, Brian! Reading your answers, I'm a full time Adventure Challenge Course director myself. We should chat sometime!

1:15 a.m. on January 15, 2015 (EST)
565 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

Ashleigh, I'd love to get some trip reports up. Unfortunately, I'm still in recovery mode from an accident last year. I'm hoping to have some report-worthy trips this summer, though!

Daniel, the Costco socks are pretty legit. I'd write a review except I'm not sure what else to say about them. They're socks, and they're a lot cheaper than smartwool. Sam's club socks aren't too shabby either.

And G00SE, working a ropes course was pretty much the best job I ever had. Especially in the Cascades in June... the mosquitos weren't quite as bad fifty feet up in the trees! I think most Coloradans are secretly jealous of Washington. It was a great place to work and explore.

12:33 p.m. on January 15, 2015 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,786 reviewer rep
644 forum posts

Congrats CO_West on the recognition.

Looking forward to reading some reviews and trip reports this summer. I know teachers don't have time for much else when school is in session. Keep it up and hope the recovery is smooth.

10:36 a.m. on January 22, 2015 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,857 reviewer rep
183 forum posts

Congrats Brain,

Hope your recovery goes well. I was just in a car accident, ironically on my way out of town for a 3 day backpacking trip...major bummer. I'm lucky nothing was broken but know how frustrating it can be being forced to take some down time. My dad went to Western and has some good stories of hunting and traveling around the country in that area. I've spent some time pining over maps of the West Elks...looks like superb backpacking potential. Hope that perhaps next time I come to visit my parents I can explore the area some. So many awesome places to still see in my homestate. Enjoy!

12:15 p.m. on January 22, 2015 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,373 forum posts

Lah said:

I was just in a car accident, ironically on my way out of town for a 3 day backpacking trip...major bummer. I'm lucky nothing was broken but know how frustrating it can be being forced to take some down time. 

I hope all is well, Lah, and that you're healing quickly and completely.

February 28, 2020
Quick Reply