Caver, Hammock Hanger, and Hiker: Meet Jeffery, Reviewer of the Month

2:05 p.m. on May 11, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,235 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Caver, Hammock Hanger, and Hiker: Meet Jeffery, Reviewer of the Month"

Congratulations to Jeffery (aka Goose), a caver, hammock hanger, and hiker from Illinois, and our latest Reviewer of the Month! He wins a 10 Essentials prize pack worth $300+.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2016/05/11/reviewer-of-the-month-jeffery-goose.html

8:07 p.m. on May 11, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,597 reviewer rep
617 forum posts

That's a nice looking indoor initiatives set-up. 

Thanks for linking the Sullivan Cave story. What a good read. 

To those who choose the Reviewer of the Month: Great choice!

9:42 a.m. on May 12, 2016 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,948 forum posts

Congrat's Had no idea about the Seven years in chicago.Good on you Goose....

10:23 a.m. on May 12, 2016 (EDT)
609 reviewer rep
28 forum posts

Congratulations Goose! 

10:36 a.m. on May 12, 2016 (EDT)
NONPROFIT REP FORMER STAFF
640 reviewer rep
1,184 forum posts

whoa! Awesome news. Congrats G00SE!

10:44 a.m. on May 12, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,235 forum posts

One thing I like about doing these member Q&A's is that regardless of how long that person has been a Trailspace member, I always learn something new about him or her.

12:34 p.m. on May 13, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,135 reviewer rep
1,065 forum posts

Always nice when a new member wins an award. Welcome to the site Goose, I'm sure you'll love it here.... ;)

3:50 p.m. on May 13, 2016 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Congrats on the win. Sounds like you lead an adventurous life, and share that with others. Pretty cool. Most of my experiences in caves was as a kid living in Missouri, hanging out with adventurous older (but not wiser)cousins. We all crawled on our bellies through caves to explore under the noses of the adults in our lives, never telling them what we were up to. We got way back in one time, and our one and only flashlight gave out. I got to experience total darkness for the first time, and the overactive imagination that goes with it. The oldest kid was smart enough to tell we little ones to hold hands and not let go. We felt our way out of there, emerging into the outside world looking like we were sculpted from clay. All you could see were our eyes and grinning teeth. We redefined "earthlings".

4:01 p.m. on May 13, 2016 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Oh man, I share your love of hammocks. I usually pitch the tent on nice nights (just in case), but sleep in the hammock, under the stars. I toss and turn, and a hammock is one item that lets you do just that. The hammocks sold these days are so comfortable. I can turn any direction in them to spread out, and no pressure points.

10:16 p.m. on May 13, 2016 (EDT)
173 reviewer rep
391 forum posts

Goose....congratulations. I think it's very cool you work with kids on anti bullying...good for you! You definitely deserve the win!

2:38 p.m. on May 15, 2016 (EDT)
11,737 reviewer rep
1,399 forum posts

Jake W said:

Always nice when a new member wins an award. Welcome to the site Goose, I'm sure you'll love it here.... ;)

Thanks, Jake! I think I may stick around for a while. :D

3:43 p.m. on May 20, 2016 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,241 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

Congrats, G00SE!

10:31 p.m. on May 24, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Congrats! BTW, It's been a while since I provided you with some questionable item to review. I'll have to search out another disappointing product soon. Just kidding, maybe I'll find something good this time. 

November 19, 2019
Quick Reply