"Chart a Good Course" and Meet Phil, Solo Backpacker, Reviewer of the Month

6:20 p.m. on September 10, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,144 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article ""Chart a Good Course" and Meet Phil, Solo Backpacker, Reviewer of the Month"

Congratulations to Phil, a backpacker, paddler, and environmental consultant from North Carolina, and our latest Reviewer of the Month! He wins a 10 Essentials prize pack worth $300+.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2016/09/10/reviewer-of-month-phil-may.html

9:44 p.m. on September 10, 2016 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
499 forum posts
Re: "Chart a Good Course" and Meet Phil, Solo Backpacker and Reviewer of the Month

Congrats I always look forward to what you have to say! 

10:20 a.m. on September 11, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,342 reviewer rep
595 forum posts
Re: "Chart a Good Course" and Meet Phil, Solo Backpacker and Reviewer of the Month

FlipNC: Thanks for sharing the great stories and congrats on the nod as Reviewer of the Month. Well deserved!

At first glance, I thought that was a moose in the lake behind you in the third photo. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a lousy downed tree. 

10:42 a.m. on September 11, 2016 (EDT)
8,018 reviewer rep
1,441 forum posts

Good for you Phil! You've earned that big box of goodies for sure. I've noticed how your reviews keep getting better all the time. Keep up the good work!!

11:42 a.m. on September 11, 2016 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,789 forum posts

Phil,

I enjoyed your article more than any other so far.  I am very happy to know that you are an environmental consultant. No wonder we have a lot in common.

11:11 a.m. on September 12, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,584 reviewer rep
1,347 forum posts

Thanks folks...I am honored to be recognized. Looking forward to the goodies and have a couple more reviews in the works.

Ppine...I saw you mention obligate plants and knew you had a similar background. Probably some similar species but I bet it would be interesting to go west and do some wetlands work to compare with the east coast. I don't do as much now...mostly a business man and protect manager and leave most of the field work to younger staff ...grudgingly. 

Kiwi...we had a few false sightings of moose before seeing a couple but that wasn't one of them...chalk that one up to ancient camera technology and a bad scan.  Been going through old photos and scanning before they fade too much but maybe waiting longer would create some new wildlife if it gets fuzzier?

1:33 p.m. on September 12, 2016 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,931 forum posts

I just got back from the postoffice, That mug looks familiar...Just kidding Phil..I like your reviews keep up the good work...:)

4:31 p.m. on September 17, 2016 (EDT)
6,478 reviewer rep
175 forum posts

Those were some good stories you shared...who knew a pony had such a sense of humor. I've been awoken by all sorts of things but never a pony...though we had some wonder through camp once (actually miniature horses from the landowner's farm). Keep up the great reviews! I especially enjoyed the last one!

7:30 p.m. on September 21, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,584 reviewer rep
1,347 forum posts

Thanks. Glad the reviews are helpful. It actually surprisd me how much fun the review process is on and off the trail.

9:35 p.m. on September 30, 2016 (EDT)
INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER
2,536 reviewer rep
17 forum posts

Great stories, it is always interesting to see how different the gear used on the east coast is compared to out west. I know you will make good use of all the goodies you will receive, I know I will. Congratulations

June 16, 2019
Quick Reply