Meet Sean: LNT Trainer, Hiker, Bartender, our Reviewer of the Month

7:27 p.m. on November 28, 2016 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,164 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Meet Sean: LNT Trainer, Hiker, Bartender, our Reviewer of the Month"

Congratulations to Sean Van Cleve, a year-round hiker, Leave No Trace trainer, bartender, and our latest Reviewer of the Month! He wins a 10 Essentials prize pack worth $300+.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2016/11/28/reviewer-of-the-month-sean.html

10:07 p.m. on November 28, 2016 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,755 reviewer rep
1,387 forum posts

Well deserved! Although there is one thing missing from Sean's info...he recommends great restaurants for Baltimore visitors! Enjoy the goodies Sean. You may like the simplicity of the emergency tarp after testing the Crossbow so thoroughly.

7:24 a.m. on November 29, 2016 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,120 reviewer rep
1,451 forum posts

Congratulations Sean. A box of presents just in time for the holidays! Just don't put them all in your pack at once because that book is heavy.

8:43 a.m. on November 29, 2016 (EST)
273 reviewer rep
1,935 forum posts

Congrats..Love reading the tidbits on people,,,

11:21 a.m. on November 29, 2016 (EST)
3,173 reviewer rep
2,253 forum posts

nice!

2:22 p.m. on November 29, 2016 (EST)
4,541 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

"What’s the best outdoor or gear advice you’ve been given or heard?

I can’t remember where I read it, but somebody said "There’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear." "

That's a slight variation on the Norwegian saying:

"There's no bad weather, only bad clothes."

But in Norwegian it rhymes:

"Det er ingen dårlig vær, bare dårlig klær."

(roughly: "Day are ING-en DOOR-lee vahr, BAR-eh DOOR-lee klahr". æ is pronounced like the a in father, å like "oh" but a bit more from the back of the mouth. And roll the "r"s just a little.)

And here's another:

"Det er ingen skam å snu" (There's no shame in turning back).

Congratulations!

3:45 p.m. on November 29, 2016 (EST)
11,722 reviewer rep
1,399 forum posts

Excellent choice! Congratulations, Sean. 

9:06 p.m. on November 29, 2016 (EST)
5,441 reviewer rep
599 forum posts

Always appreciate your reviews, Sean. A well-deserved choice unlike that bozo they chose last month. ;-)  Enjoy the goodies! 

10:56 p.m. on November 29, 2016 (EST)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
10,139 reviewer rep
446 forum posts

Thanks, all... I'm most happy to be part of a great TS family! 

10:10 p.m. on November 30, 2016 (EST)
BRAND REP TOP 25 REVIEWER
3,278 reviewer rep
32 forum posts

I am also a fan of your reviews. I've clicked your profile to get your trusted feedback on all kinds of things. I also love your pics. Have a great winter out there!

9:44 a.m. on December 1, 2016 (EST)
73 reviewer rep
3,833 forum posts

I always enjoy hearing from Sean. He is slightly radical in his thinking which makes  people think about their own lives and how they relate to the outdoors. I grew up in Maryland and have fond memories of the Blue Ridge and the Cotoctin Mountains, Garret County and the Chesapeake Bay.

7:38 a.m. on December 2, 2016 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,164 forum posts

Congratulations again to Sean! I always appreciate the time and effort he puts into his reviews and experience he shares here with others.

I forgot to ask though...what type of music do you play and what instrument(s)?

7:25 p.m. on December 2, 2016 (EST)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
10,139 reviewer rep
446 forum posts

I studied tenor voice, but my forté is fretless electric bass... I have also been playing guitar and piano for quite a while at this point... Mostly jazz, some folk, and plenty of good old fashioned rock and roll!

7:45 a.m. on December 3, 2016 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,164 forum posts

Sean Van Cleve said:

I studied tenor voice, but my forté is fretless electric bass... I have also been playing guitar and piano for quite a while at this point... Mostly jazz, some folk, and plenty of good old fashioned rock and roll!

Cool! Thanks for sharing that.

July 18, 2019
Quick Reply