"Nothing Is Essential." Meet Jake, Reviewer of the Month

11:25 a.m. on May 4, 2018 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,235 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article ""Nothing Is Essential." Meet Jake, Reviewer of the Month"

Congratulations to Jake Weston, our newest Reviewer of the Month! A climber, hiker, and mountain biker from Canada, Jake wins more than $300 worth of gear in thanks for his contributions.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2018/05/04/reviewer-of-month-jake-weston.html

7:22 p.m. on May 4, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,827 reviewer rep
1,444 forum posts

Now that's a nice prize pack and well earned! Congrats Jake! Those boys look like they could keep you busy...and be a ton of fun. I'm surprised you haven't changed your TS name to Boom Boom though.

6:48 a.m. on May 5, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,173 reviewer rep
2,261 forum posts

Very cool, Boom Boom.....yeah OK, I'll buy that. :)

6:51 a.m. on May 5, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,135 reviewer rep
1,065 forum posts

Finally, someone who respects my wishes to go by an awesome nickname. I knew I liked you guys more than my own family!

4:36 p.m. on May 7, 2018 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,969 forum posts

"Nothing is essential" kind of sounds like blasephemy on an equpment forum, but I agree with it most of the time.  In the desert water is essential.  In the cold staying warm is essential. Maybe we could say that only a few things are essential and everything else is a luxury. 

8:28 a.m. on May 10, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
928 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Easy - horse-sized duck. If Jurassic Park has taught me anything, it's that you should be weary of the little guys in packs. Congrats!!

8:00 a.m. on May 11, 2018 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,235 forum posts

_Christine said:

Easy - horse-sized duck. If Jurassic Park has taught me anything, it's that you should be weary of the little guys in packs. Congrats!!

Agreed!

8:36 a.m. on May 22, 2018 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,948 forum posts

boom boom what can I say ..I catch your reviews and you always come back and discuss the question that was asked about the product...Your a all star at reviews with some others...Congrats

4:36 p.m. on June 14, 2018 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

HEY... you can't be Boom Boom.... I'm Boom Boom. Okay.... that's a lie! I'm called "Yo Dumba**. I guess YO is my first name. No... I'm STILL lying.

On a serious note... great post/review and I'm glad you won! I agree with others about most things are really not essential other than water in the Desert and warmth in the cold country... and well good food, like a good, juicy steak, fine wine and my favorite music playing around the campfire while I dance.

Wait a minute I hate dancing and I don't drink wine... I really am full of BS today. There might be a nickname/trail name in all of this. Maybe I should call myself Full of Bull. Actually "Hersh, or is it HARSH" really does fit me best.

Again great post... hope you have lots of fun with your family.

5:13 p.m. on June 15, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,419 forum posts

Courtesy, respect and stewardship are essential on every BC trip; a flask of the good stuff is highly recommended.

Ed

November 17, 2019
Quick Reply