Congratulations, Seth and Maine Coast Heritage Trust

2:34 p.m. on August 20, 2019 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,232 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Congratulations, Seth and Maine Coast Heritage Trust"

For the past decade, Seth Levy has supported Trailspace and our outdoor community in a variety of evolving ways. This month Seth moves on to become the Donor Engagement Officer at Maine Coast Heritage Trust, and we'll miss him.

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2019/08/20/seth-levy.html

4:42 p.m. on August 20, 2019 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,710 reviewer rep
1,470 forum posts

I was already a fan of Seth and Maine land trusts. Putting the two of them together is sure to be awesome. Hope they still let you go outside man!

7:03 p.m. on August 20, 2019 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,416 forum posts

+1 on LoneStanger's comments.

I think Seth hit pay dirt with his commitment to the Maine Coast Heritage Trust.  Perhaps the most effective way to conserve our wild spaces is to own them in these kind of trusts.  Similar efforts are conducted to preserve old growth forests  in California.  While this approach often take lots of money, such action places these lands forever beyond the reach of developers and resource extractors.  

I joined TS just before Seth came on board, and always thought his wisdom was years beyond his age.  I happen to also share his love of the outdoors and obsession with cycling and winter sports.  Given all this admiration, please forgive me, for I have made a deal with the devil: he is going to get Seth to take up tele ski trekking, and once that is done, swap our bodies.  I get to be wise in a way I can only aspire to, and have youthful stamina again.  I am sorry, Seth, that this is a pretty one side trade - as my bones creak so loud I scare off all the fauna, and get winded just sitting up in my rocking chair.  I do have a good sense of direction in the BC as well as the city, so that's a plus, but then again I sometimes forget where I am altogether... 

Congrats Seth, and find time to share your thoughts with TS every now and then.

Ed

9:10 p.m. on August 20, 2019 (EDT)
5,135 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

What a great addition to the Maine Coast Heritage Trust team. He will be surely missed around here, but now he can pop in from time to time as just a "member", to keep us updated on the progress with the new job.

Thanks for everything, Seth!

7:38 a.m. on August 21, 2019 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
346 reviewer rep
998 forum posts

Seth has been an asset to Trailspace in so many ways -- he truly has "done it all" around here -- and is just an all-around great guy. He's going to be tough to replace and we will deeply to miss having him on staff. (Okay, it's morning one and I'm already missing him!) But he's also always been a nonprofit guy at heart -- so it's gratifying to see him moving into a position where the organizational mission is so closely aligned with his own personal mission and ethos.

Happy trails and thank you for everything, Seth!

12:49 p.m. on August 21, 2019 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
2,695 reviewer rep
1,478 forum posts

You are the best of us, Seth. See you on the trail.

3:28 p.m. on August 21, 2019 (EDT)
5,597 reviewer rep
616 forum posts

I'm happy for you Seth, and very envious of your bike collection! 

8:05 a.m. on August 22, 2019 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,232 forum posts

I agree with everything already said above!

Seth has been a great asset to Trailspace and we'll miss him in that capacity. I've felt fortunate to have him represent us to community members and the outdoor industry in so many positive ways over the years. He is a genuinely good guy!

I'm happy for him to move on to the conservation world though. It's important, valuable work, and Maine Coast Heritage Trust is lucky to have him serving them and their mission.

Plus, I know Seth will keep on being an important and valued member of our community!

4:46 p.m. on August 22, 2019 (EDT)
NONPROFIT REP FORMER STAFF
640 reviewer rep
1,184 forum posts

I"m blushing and tearing up a little. Thanks for all the good words. Thankfully, I won't be going very far. Stay tuned for a few reviews! Whomeworry - I would love to take up tele skiing! I don't know if my knees agree, but, maybe I can pull it off!

1:28 a.m. on August 23, 2019 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,416 forum posts

Seth said:

I"m blushing and tearing up a little. Thanks for all the good words. Thankfully, I won't be going very far. Stay tuned for a few reviews! Whomeworry - I would love to take up tele skiing! I don't know if my knees agree, but, maybe I can pull it off!

If you can ski on alpine gear, then you can ski tele.  The equipment available today is so easy to control.  I mostly do Christi and parallel turns, with only a trained eye being able to tell from a distance I am on three pins.  Trad tele turns in powder are just as easy as using alpine skis on the same snow.  That said, really hard boiler plate and glare ice are a problem.  Other than that, once you get the hang, you'll only go back to snowshoes when the trees are too close to ski through. 

Ed

6:12 p.m. on August 23, 2019 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,948 forum posts

Great gain for Maine heritage trust...Their in good hands

11:33 a.m. on August 30, 2019 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,827 reviewer rep
1,444 forum posts

Congrats Seth and thanks for all you have done for TS. 

November 12, 2019
Quick Reply