How your Leki poles are made, tonight at 9 p.m.

2:56 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF TOP 25 REVIEWER
2,008 reviewer rep
4,452 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "How your Leki poles are made, tonight at 9 p.m."

Ever wondered how your ski or trekking poles were made? Tonight (Friday, June 10) watch "How it's Made" on the Science Channel at 9 p.m. EST in the U.S. for a profile on Leki, maker of ski, trekking, and nordic walking poles. If you're in Canada, tune in to the Discovery Channel on Friday, July 17, at 8 p.m. EST. The producers of "How it's Made," a documentary program showing how common, everyday...

Full article at https://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/06/10/leki-find-out-how-its-made.html

6:50 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
1,731 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

This is great. I just recently bought a pair of Leki poles. I will definitely be tuning in to watch. I am leaving in the morning for a weeklong trip on the trail. Plus I got this back pouch thingamabobber to try out. Thanks for the heads up Alicia, as always good stuff.

7:12 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
202 forum posts

I will be tuning in. Thanks for the heads up Trailspace.. aka Alicia.

9:21 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF TOP 25 REVIEWER
2,008 reviewer rep
4,452 forum posts

You're welcome. I hope it's good. I don't think I get the Science Channel though.

I would have posted it earlier, but only saw the info today.

10:41 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,962 forum posts

Funny Alicia Rick and I were talking about lekki poles on a thread this week. The program was good. Showed 100% what it takes to make ski poles and trekking poles. Great process..

11:49 p.m. on June 10, 2011 (EDT)
1,731 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I had to DVR it. For some odd reason I couldn't seem to get out of my local REI in time. Guess I will get to watch it next Sunday when I get back. :)

March 29, 2020
Quick Reply