2014 Beer and Gear Festival - Ohiopyle, PA

11:22 p.m. on May 3, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,140 reviewer rep
654 forum posts

I was perusing through TS archives and saw that Rick-Pittsburgh used to post the details of this event each year. Now that I'm not far from Ohiopyle, PA and will likely attend the event, I suppose I'll post the details for y'all.

Beer and Gear Fest (and a Bluegrass band) Saturday, June 21, 2014 3:30-7pm $20 admission, includes beer sampling Hosted by Wilderness Voyaguers

Gear and Vendors From: Wave Sport Kayak Pyranha Kayaks Werner Paddles IR Prana Outdoor Research Thermarest ORVIS and possibly more.

And if you're into beer, there will be 25+ beer vendors handling out their tasty libations, including: Great Lakes Tröegs Victory Fat Heads And many more.

http://wilderness-voyageurs.com/beer-and-gear.html

10:56 p.m. on May 5, 2014 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
2,710 reviewer rep
1,516 forum posts

Thanks for carrying the torch, Kiwi...

1:58 p.m. on June 20, 2014 (EDT)
6,140 reviewer rep
654 forum posts

Just wanted to remind anyone in the area that Ohiopyle's annual Beer and Gear Festival is this Saturday. 3:30-7pm, $20, includes unlimited beers, although I bet they'd cut you off at some point, and access to all the vendors. Mostly whitewater vendors, but some general outdoor gear vendors too.

I'll try to snag a photo or two and post on here upon my return. Cheers!

11:07 p.m. on June 24, 2014 (EDT)
6,140 reviewer rep
654 forum posts

Didn't take the camera out during the Beer and Gear Festival, as I may have been a little busy, but I managed to snag a few shots on some short hikes in the area. 

The festival was a great event and I recommend it for anyone in the area. Great beer, decent music and nice giveaways from some of the gear vendors. See you next year! 

IMG_0876.jpg

Cucumber Falls at Ohiopyle State Park, PA

IMG_0877.jpg

Classic Laurel Highlands shot. In the valley you have the Youghiogheny River and a railway (the only manmade structure we could see from this lookout). 

April 9, 2020
Quick Reply