Sierra Designs Discussion

11:17 a.m. on July 24, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,140 reviewer rep
654 forum posts

Sierra Designs is hosting an online discussion with their VP Brand Manager on July 30th at 7pm Mountain Time. I'm sure lots of topics will be addressed but it appears that they want to talk backcountry shelters primarily. 

Not exactly sure the format of the conversation, but I see they will be taking questions and recommendations. After you register (registration is now open), you can submit questions or comments beforehand. I've read through some of them and it looks like they are answering all sorts of questions, especially tent-related. 

In case you're interested or just bored at that time, check out the link below: 

http://sierradesigns.yourbrandlive.com/c/designone/

1610771_10152554491929618_63593254006256

Photo credit: Sierra Design's Facebook Page

12:53 p.m. on July 25, 2014 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
4,071 forum posts

I have a Sierra Designs tent that I used for 7 days last week. It is about 25 years old, but a great design. One morning I was looking closely at the zippers and mosquito netting while lying on my back. After countless trips it is all in fine shape. I am a fan of this company.

10:06 a.m. on July 30, 2014 (EDT)
612 reviewer rep
1,523 forum posts

Ya know, I like them too. I like that the items are not over priced. Sort of subtle in the background of all the other brands shouting out their own names.

7:49 a.m. on July 31, 2014 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
64 forum posts

I have one of their sleeping bags and love it, aside from the zipper

6:36 p.m. on July 31, 2014 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
88 forum posts

I have both a tent and sleeping bag from SD and am happy with both products.

7:41 p.m. on July 31, 2014 (EDT)
490 reviewer rep
189 forum posts

I was disappointed with their sleeping quilt.  Too thin and not warm enough for me.  I bought it mainly because of Michael Glavin's interactions on other forums.  For the price point.. I'd probably be better off getting an Enlightened Equipment quilt which are lighter at lower degree ratings.  I'll be returning their sleeping quilt soon.

April 5, 2020
Quick Reply