Outdoor Retailer - Trailspace Representing!

3:12 p.m. on November 14, 2018 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,140 reviewer rep
654 forum posts

Looks like Alicia was at Outdoor Retailer last weekend, rep'in Trailspace.

On the Trailspace Facebook page, there are lots and lots of great photos of some of the newest, most innovative gear on the market 

From looking through the photos, here are my takeaways (what are yours)?

• Salomon has the best-looking footware, in my opinion.
  • Mammut caught my eye, but not necessarily for the right reasons. The Eiger insulated t-shirt is, um, interesting. Looks like it has too much fill for practical purposes. But then again, my thinking is either a down vest or a down hoody/jacket will suffice and a down t-shirt is not a very practical garment. Mammut's Realization shorts also caused me to pause, with its integrated climbing harness. 
  • Portabella mushroom jerky (by Savory Wild)...yes, please! 
  • Does the Campfire Defender really work? How does one easily store such thing without getting everything else filthy? Is there that much of a market for such thing?
  • And most interestingly, I didn't realize that GoLite made a comeback earlier this year. Good for them and good for the industry. I hope this time they can figure things out financially in order to keep making great gear. 
10:50 a.m. on November 15, 2018 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
4,056 reviewer rep
1,546 forum posts

Man, I wish I could get as excited about all the new gear but I kind of get target confusion with this much info. I'm much better at focusing down and analyzing one piece of kit that I need to replace. I'm thankful Alicia weeds through all this stuff to hand out the Review Corps items!

8:01 p.m. on November 15, 2018 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,414 reviewer rep
1,079 forum posts

A couple of the things that caught my eye-

-The Niata from Black Yak looked like a nice belay parka with a mix of down and synthetic

-The tick tester (although I’d hate to be the tester of that product. “Congrats the tick tester confirmed that you now have Lymes!”)

-The hop flavoured GU (mmmm hoppy)

-The North Face Infinium gloves looked like a nice low profile option, I wonder how warm they’d be

-I agree the Mammut Eiger shirt is certainly a standout. I think there is some some promise to the idea, it would be interesting to see the difference between it and, as you mention, a vest or down sweater. 

5:25 a.m. on January 1, 2019 (EST)
273 reviewer rep
1,962 forum posts

I looked through all of them this year and always.Some I found interesting and wish I could be there to ask the brand reps more about them

11:46 a.m. on February 5, 2019 (EST)
BRAND REP
66 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

I was able to attend out there as well trying to make some connections for my outdoor startup, great show! Lots of practical improvements and innovative products, I'm going to be putting some notes together to put out as well!

April 2, 2020
Quick Reply