how KEEN is KEEN?

6:49 a.m. on June 7, 2014 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
110 forum posts

related to "repair & maintenance" but altogether separate in a sense....

~6 weeks ago I returned a pair of essentially brand spankin' new!

socks to KEEN. after two uses they were spawning a quarter-sized hole &

as a repeat fan of theirs, I recognized this to be abnormal.

along with a letter, I returned the socks, & have yet to hear back.

basing this on my experience with other companies, the turnaround time for KEEN is noticeably delayed.

can anyone speak to their experiences with this outfit?

thanks! :)

11:26 a.m. on June 7, 2014 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,400 forum posts

May be the fact that is the beginning of summer and they are busy. I returned a pack to a company once in late May and it took them 6 weeks to repair a flawed zipper. After two weeks I called and asked if they had received it and they said yes, but it was the busy season and it would be a while before they could repair and return it. 

9:51 a.m. on June 8, 2014 (EDT)
11,737 reviewer rep
1,399 forum posts

After seeing so many positive reviews here on TS, I just bought my first pair of DarnTough (so new it;s still in the package). They have a lifetime warranty, and reviewers rave on them.

7:59 a.m. on June 9, 2014 (EDT)
373 reviewer rep
49 forum posts

G00SE said:

After seeing so many positive reviews here on TS, I just bought my first pair of DarnTough (so new it;s still in the package). They have a lifetime warranty, and reviewers rave on them.

You won't be disappointed.

8:42 a.m. on June 9, 2014 (EDT)
NONPROFIT REP FORMER STAFF
640 reviewer rep
1,184 forum posts

In my experience, Keen is about as responsive as other companies their size. I'd give them a call, explain the situation, and ask them to make it right.

5:37 p.m. on June 9, 2014 (EDT)
602 reviewer rep
1,523 forum posts

I am KEEN Boot fan. However, I found my dealings with Customer Service of late to be disappointing. No return calls and when discussing an issue of what I consider to be a pair of defective boots was simply told I could file a claim. No discussion about the boot itself so that I could determine whether a claim was merited. I own over a dozen pair of KEEN boots and shoes.

11:57 a.m. on July 1, 2014 (EDT)
393 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

I had an issue with my KEEN boots, and I contacted customer service through their website.  I followed through with their claim filing procedures, and they ended up giving me credit to their online store which allowed me to get another pair of hiking boots with some money left over (I got some socks with the extra money).  Their customer service restored some of my faith in the company.

8:22 p.m. on August 10, 2014 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
848 forum posts

just bought some keen sandals, hope I don't have any problems! will keep an eye on this thread to see how their cs does...

December 7, 2019
Quick Reply