Brunton Comeback

5:36 p.m. on July 26, 2015 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
514 forum posts

Can we start a consumer advocates group to force this company to start producing their great products again. The others are ok but these guys had it right! Dang they made good stuff.

a flash lite that also becomes a lantern
IMG_0554.jpg
a stove that is a rocket and fork/spoon that fold in half and weigh less than a key
IMG_0549.jpg

The stove is around 8 to 10yrs old the flashlite  7 to 9yrs and the fork/spoon 6 to 8yrs(niece drove 70 miles to buy the fork and spoon for me for Christmas one year and it was one of my favorite gifts of all time.) and all are still working great. Quality is spelled Brunton.

6:15 p.m. on July 26, 2015 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,534 reviewer rep
6,031 forum posts

Not sure what you are saying. Brunton is very much in business. They have changed their product mix a little since being bought by Silva of Sweden (don't confuse with Silva, the branch of Johnson - Johnson got the rights to use the Silva name for their compasses in North America many years ago and won't let the original Silva have it back). You can get their products in REI and a number of other shops.

Brunton itself has been around for decades until Silva SE bought them. They usually have a booth at the ORShow.  I will be visiting them week after next.

10:17 p.m. on July 26, 2015 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
514 forum posts

Bill don't take me to serious in this post  I was mostly talking about their stoves and things I knew they were still around just wanted something more from them than a compass or electronics. like they used to make. Their products used to really get me excited when I was starting out hiking I often would drive 150 miles to find a hiking store just to look at all the gear cause there were none 0 around here.and still do. You know how it is sometimes I just don't want things that I like to change. lol Back then I barely could afford the gas so mostly I looked I would skip lunches all week just to have 25 to spend on gear and the 3 or 4 of their products that I own were some of my most prized possessions I cannot tell you how happy I was when one of my nieces gave me that fork and spoon. or when or another gave me a gift certificate to rei. This gear and Backpacking brings out the little kid in me. Lord knows I have enough of it. Strange fascination for someone 49yrs old don't you think  

5:50 p.m. on July 27, 2015 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,534 reviewer rep
6,031 forum posts

John Starnes said:

Lord knows I have enough of it. Strange fascination for someone 49yrs old don't you think  

Sounds normal to me. And probably 99% of Trailspace readers.

6:14 p.m. on July 27, 2015 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
5,060 reviewer rep
1,058 forum posts

Hahaha agreed Bill!

I always justify it to my wife (and possibly myself) with "I don't smoke, I don't gamble, I enjoy the odd beer, but everyone's gotta have a vice and this is a pretty healthy one!"

6:58 p.m. on July 27, 2015 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
514 forum posts

Thanks for the encouragement fellas think I'll probably have to buy some more you never know just might need it. ?? You guys ever have a problem deciding which you like more the hiking or the gear. I know I do hiking is by far the most rewarding hobby/activity I've found and I flat out love the gear

7:08 p.m. on July 27, 2015 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
514 forum posts

Jake W said:

Hahaha agreed Bill!

I always justify it to my wife (and possibly myself) with "I don't smoke, I don't gamble, I enjoy the odd beer, but everyone's gotta have a vice and this is a pretty healthy one!"

Ain't no justifying it just gotta do it. Kinda like buying a bass boat ain't no fish worth 20k nor any camper when you can stay in the nicest hotel for the rest of your life for less than they cost so whats 10k worth of hiking gear. How do the ladies say it were saving them money with our hobby it was on sale

October 15, 2019
Quick Reply