Pitching Instructions For The Ring Oval Intention?

5:36 a.m. on May 23, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
696 forum posts

I would like to acquire a copy of these instructions just to see what The North Face advises for the sequence of inserting poles through the rings. Thank You!

11:30 p.m. on May 23, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,156 forum posts

I had to figure this out by trial and error, and it took me a bit.  You can see photos of the tent and the un-erected version with the poles strung through the rings here.

http://www.outdoorinov8.com/northfaceimages.html

12:30 a.m. on May 24, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
696 forum posts

Thanks Alan! The close up photographs and the one showing the collapsed tent with poles are immensely helpful! Do you happen to know if TNF recommended running (lets say) 2 poles through the rings and then raising the tent followed by the others or something similar?

9:18 a.m. on May 24, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,156 forum posts

I actually have no idea.  I had to wing it until it worked as I never had the instructions as I bought the tent used.  I want to say I threaded them all first and then raised the tent.  This was mostly just a means to figure out how the poles fit through the rings.  I took the photo of the tent collapsed so I had an idea of how it went together.

February 18, 2020
Quick Reply