Skeleton of a hiking back pack

10:38 p.m. on July 3, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have a North Face hiking back pack and the skeleton/frame in the back is broken. I have an EL LOBO 60L back pack and The North Face Company does not make them any more, so I was wondering if any one has, know's any one or store that would have and sell the skeleton.

Any ideas on a direction to head would be awesome.

Thanks, Travis  

10:24 a.m. on July 6, 2016 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
4,047 forum posts

You will probably have to make your own repair.  Try some aluminum.  Wood will work in a pinch. If you have a broken piece of carbon fiber, or fiberglass, make a sleeve to repair the break.

6:50 p.m. on July 6, 2016 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,491 forum posts

I tried determining the material your pack frame is made of, but to no avail.  Additionally you did not describe the what part of the frame is broken, thus I cannot comment on whether the frame is repairable.  That said there are lots of lightly used packs for sale. 

You can find used backpacks, of all vintages, on Ebay, etc.  I recently bagged an early 1980s Kelty external frame pack in very good condition to replace my very used pack of the same vintage and model for about $70 (new was ~$200 back in the day).

Ed

February 18, 2020
Quick Reply