Sierra Designs jacket repair.

10:03 p.m. on July 8, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Hi I just recently acquired this jacket. The white portion of the inside has started to rub. And it also some what sticks to itself and you have to pull it apart to wear it. I'm just curious if there might be a way to seal it. Thank you in advance. I have attached some pictures. 
image.jpg

image.jpg

10:19 p.m. on July 8, 2016 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,747 reviewer rep
743 forum posts

That looks to be the PTFE "breathable" membrane. IMO...it is compromised beyond repair...but you could still use it as a light duty jacket in the summer and day-trips.

12:43 p.m. on July 9, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
10 forum posts

Would there be anyway to for lack of a better word seal it so it would stick to itself?

3:16 p.m. on July 9, 2016 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,747 reviewer rep
743 forum posts

A little baby powder should prevent it from sticking to itself. I really do not know of anyway to seal it that would not be impractical, uncomfortable, and worth the expense. You can get similar jackets fairly cheap...here's one example of many: http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Guide-Series-Mens-TecH2O-Hardshell-Jacket&i=824368&r=view

11:38 a.m. on July 12, 2016 (EDT)
253 reviewer rep
196 forum posts

Sometimes wiping with alcohol will remove the sticky stuff.

2:28 p.m. on July 18, 2016 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,429 forum posts

Contact the maker, they would knw best how to repair their product. They may even repair it underw warrenty, even tho you are not the original owner. I had a Sierra Designs goretex jacket replaced for free after 28 years. Just cost me the price of postage to mail it to them.

February 20, 2020
Quick Reply