Truck/SUV Storage Idea

12:04 a.m. on June 20, 2017 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Here's a nice storage idea you can use if you own a truck. Seems easy to do since you won't need many truck accessories to achieve it. You can store more stuff and organize things better.

5:44 p.m. on June 20, 2017 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,534 reviewer rep
6,028 forum posts

Johnny, you have some interesting and amusing ideas in your post. However, you are addressing the wrong audience by posting on Trailspace. The name of the site should have given it away - Trail-Space. The vast majority of the members of Trailspace are backpackers, climbers, backcountry skiers, and similar activities. Your drawer layout might be ok for getting to the trailhead, but not really for the activities. Most of the readers do not need "truck accessories".

One other point - Do a bit of reading of the posts and the conditions of posting. You will find that what you posted is basically an advertisement, not a post from someone seeking information and advice.

6:10 a.m. on June 22, 2017 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
940 reviewer rep
782 forum posts

I can see how the organizer would be good for car camping where you need all the camp comforts at hand and for off-roading it seems like a good idea also.  Fly fishing as well.  Heck it could also be good for day hiking and you can keep a variety of gear in there to suit where you might be hiking.  

I would be leery leaving my vehicle at the trailhead however, with a bunch of items in it, if I was backpacking.  I empty out my vehicle when I go to the trailhead to backpack.  I don't even leave the insurance card in the glove box.  It's saved on my phone.  

7:51 a.m. on June 22, 2017 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,802 reviewer rep
1,438 forum posts

I do the same Rob.  Empty the car except for a change of clothes and deoderant if I am stopping by somewhere decent to eat on the way back (usually I skip that and just slum it into a burger bar).  While I haven't suffered from it yet, I have parked at many trailheads that have histories of break-ins.  I was parked along the side of the Blue Ridge Parkway with a couple of vehicles doing field work the other year and one of them was broken into on a smash and grab - we were gone for less than an hour.

August 24, 2019
Quick Reply